Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nod32 V4

Default Nod32 V4

I've been trying for the last week to d/l V4 from the Eset website. After I entered my username and password the d/l will just not go ahead, it says something about no authorisatiom. I contacted Eset and the guy says my username and pw is working fine. I use the d/l Manager that is part of FF. How do I disable that, because it may be that it is the d/l manager that's the problem? Anybody else had the same problem?

sarel
    Fishing is not a matter of life or death, it's more serious than that.

Default Re: Nod32 V4

You could try downloading the trial version, when it is installed you can enter your details to change it to the full version.

http://www.eset.com/download/free_tr...wnload_int.php
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

I did d/l the trial version and upgraded (that's what the Eset guy said) but now I sit with a version that says it's valid until somewhere in 2010 but also that I've got 28 days left of the trial - and the Eset guy can't do anything to help to get the trial bit fixed.

sarel

If you open Nod32 - make sure its set to advanced mode ( bottom left corner) click on the update in the left - then over on the right should be in blue ( cant remeber exact wording I just do it) it will say Covert to full version. When the user name and password box comes up, enter the user name make sure you enter it EXACTLY Eg: EAV-XXXXXXX You MUST have the EAV in Upper case, and MUST have the - with no gaps. It should then automatically upgrade to the full version - around a 18MB download.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-05-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sarel View Post
    I did d/l the trial version and upgraded (that's what the Eset guy said) but now I sit with a version that says it's valid until somewhere in 2010 but also that I've got 28 days left of the trial -l
    Mine did that initially. Downloaded trial, entered username and password and it sat there red, complaining.
    Came right the next day though without me doing anything about it.
    wipe your paws.

Wainui

I did all that Wanui - but the problem persisted. Uninstalled the trial version and retried it - gave the same result - valid until 2010 (meaning it accepted my details) but still having the trial days counter running. Googled it - no joy. Asked Eset - no joy. Wonder if I should ask Eset if they would send me a CD with the frickin update on it.

sarel

Okay - try this - redownload the full paid version from Nods site - it will ask for your User name and password to download.

DONT use FF's OR any download manager - that can and does cause some problems with certain sites - Nod being one of them, use IE - and download as per a normal download.

Next download Revo Uninstaller - I use the portable version as it doesn't need to be installed.

ONCE nod has finished downloading and you have the EXE file saved. - run Revo - Locate Nod32 (Eset) click it then hit uninstall - Select the Advanced mode - This will Run Nods uninstaller - follow prompts through until it asks to reboot to finish - Click NO /reboot later - the Eset window will close, hit next in Revo, let it search for Reg files, select all - delete them , click next, let it find any folders, select All - Delete them - once finished then Reboot.

This will completely remove nod32. - the Nod uninstaller doesn't remove all traces, this could be the problem - old files playing silly buggers.

Now reinstall Nod32 from the file you downloaded before - all "should" go in and work OK.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-05-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: To damn cold - typos LOL
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thx Wainui, will try that tonight.

sarel

Report back time.

So I did what Wainui said, but forgot to run Revo first, so I ended up with the same problem (valid program, remnants of the trial version still there.). I then followed Wainui's advice to the letter, and needless to say it worked perfectly. B*gger, I never knew Revo is such a good program - it's one "to keep".

Thanks my dear sir for the advice, you're a star.

sarel

Like I said, mine did it too, fixed itself. Did one yesterday for a lady, same thing.
    I let it update to full then rebooted her PC - fixed.
    wipe your paws.