Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Angry Burgled over 3 times in less than 2 months...what to do now...

Ok this is just plain annoying now

Its been less than 2 months and my place has been burgled over 3 times. 1st time was around early march, where my scooter was stolen from my back yard. Then slightly 2 weeks after, our car was broken into (in our front yard) and where they/he/she tried to jack the cd player (which by the way the head deck was not removeable as it was factory) and failed. And just last night, the garage was broken into, though luckily the house alarm was up running and went off when the burglar took a few steps inside. And of course by the time we got outside, they/him/her were/was gone. Though luckily nothing was stolen from last night... boy what a month its been... .

I know insurance would be a good thing now, which I would be getting. But having this sort of thing constantly happening is really not an ideal thing to have. So what Im asking really is... are there any tips or suggestions on how to deal with this sort of thing or these type of situations? Im not looking for any specific, just any useful tips or comments or past experience in relating to getting rid burglars or anything that would make their "job" a lot annoying and harder

Any comments or suggestions are highly welcome

Default Re: Burgled over 3 times in less than 2 months...what to do now...

Maybe somebody in the local neighbourhood doesn't like you

Why not get yourself a big dog or a 12 gauge shotgun
    Last edited by Zippity; 21-04-2009 at 10:46 PM.

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage· Jun 12

Get a dog... and not one of these poofy lap dogs either. Though chihuahua's make a good guard dog as they will let you know if somethings happening (usually after you trip over them as you do your nightly walk to the toilet )
    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj

Boobytrap your property? Electrify door handles?

In all seriousness though, get insurance now. Clearly your house is a target, so they'll be back again before long. I think a while back you made a post about not being able to afford insurance - I'm sure the cost of replacing all the things which have been and/or will be stolen will be much greater than contents insurance will be.
    Any views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer or any affiliated 3rd party.

Some things.

Install locks and stays on windows and sliding doors.

Place a piece of wooden dowel in the gap where the sliding door moves along when closed. Combined with the locks, sliding doors are harder to open.

When leaving the house, cover any fancy/expensive computers or electronics or the whole desk with a cloth if they are visible from the window.

Keep keys off the door when sleeping. Trim plants & shrubs.

Oh, fill a tin can with nails and small metal bits. Place on top of a cheap stool. Place next to doors. If opened, they will knock over, making a clang.
    My shutdown application

Call me Angel Nob Bobstickles. The baking vending builder who can't fix it.

Did you not get any pictures on the surveillance system you were going to get as a one off payment instead of insurance?

Sigh.

Haha electrify door handles was the first to pop into my mind...

Yeah financial wise, insurance wont be a really good idea, however from the looks of things, it would be the smartest and potentially, the most cost saving move to make in the short term... -_- ...however insurance would only do so much as to replacement...

Sadly I didnt managed to get the surveillance system going, I did brought some cameras and all, but quality and function wise, it was lacking. And I dont know if it was luck or what, a day or two later after I got the surveillance equip I found my bathroom tiles were leaking water...so I ended up selling the surveillance stuff to fix up the bathroom tiles... -_-...great timing aye!

insurance is cheap, we pay 22 bucks a month with ami

Blenheim

Large balloon filled with oxy/acetylene, wired to motion sensor in the garage!

Many hours later when his or their nerves settle down and the ears stop ringing they will avoid your place like the plague.