Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems with 1-day.co.nz

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with ordering things on 1-day.co.nz, paying for the product, and then not having the order fulfilled. I purchased a product a few days ago, paid by credit card, and today I was emailed to say that they had made an error on their website, and they now can't supply it to me. This is despite them having an automated stock management facility on the website, that knows exactly how many products they have available and how many have been allocated and ordered.
    All they offered was a credit back onto my credit card for the purchase price. As the order was for two different products, it now means I am only purchasing a single product, which makes the shipping proportionally more expensive on that single product. I would have infact purchased another product instead, if I knew that that other product wasn't available, to make it up to two.
    They didn't even offer me a similar product or order one in, even though they do sell other equivalent products via their main website.
    Anyone know my rights over this? Do they have to fulfill the sale and purchase contract, by either providing me with the product or an alternative. I thought if they wanted to break the purchase and sale contract, that both parties had to agree to the cancellation.

Default Re: Problems with 1-day.co.nz

Whoops, I mean to put this in the Chat forum. Perhaps a mod could please move this, if they don't think it is relevant in this forum.

Bought quite a bit, never had any problems. I could understand this kind of thing happening with what they do, as long as you get store credit it shouldn't be a hassle.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

I can't really see how these things should happen if the website ordering systems are all automated like they are, and they have an allocation system that knows the stock levels. It however sounds like in this case, that they shouldn't have even been selling the product in the first place, as from the email they sent me, it sounds like it was never available to sell, and it was put onto the website in error.

One issue is that by just purchasing a single product, instead of 2 products, that the shipping price on that single product is now higher per product, than it is by buying 2 or more products. This is because the shipping per product is cheaper, the more products you buy. The least I would have expected, is that they would have also refunded me some of the shipping costs on the single product to account for this, as it is their error. I also would have expected them to offer an alternative, as I know they have other products of a similar nature that they sell.

Computer Tech

Quote Originally Posted by robbyp View Post
    I can't really see how these things should happen if the website ordering systems are all automated like they are, and they have an allocation system that knows the stock levels. It however sounds like in this case, that they shouldn't have even been selling the product in the first place, as from the email they sent me, it sounds like it was never available to sell, and it was put onto the website in error.

One issue is that by just purchasing a single product, instead of 2 products, that the shipping price on that single product is now higher per product, than it is by buying 2 or more products. This is because the shipping per product is cheaper, the more products you buy. The least I would have expected, is that they would have also refunded me some of the shipping costs on the single product to account for this, as it is their error. I also would have expected them to offer an alternative, as I know they have other products of a similar nature that they sell.
    Have you suggested any of this to them instead of moaning about it here?

I have bought one thing from there, a pair of sunglasses a couple of weeks ago.
    Didn't have a hassle at all except that I almost missed out

Had several "problems" with them.

They were quick to sorted them out and at no cost to me. As CyaBro says talk to them, they seem very reasonable.
    You can see London, You can see France but I can see your underpants! - TSA

Quote Originally Posted by porkster View Post

They were quick to sorted them out and at no cost to me. As CyaBro says talk to them, they seem very reasonable.
    Cheers. I was basically just trying to find out whether this type of problem with them not furfilling their end of the sale and purchase contract was common, as well as if anyone knew if I had any recourse.
    I also ordered other items with the purchase from Tuedays sale, and I have yet to recieve the track and trace number from them for delivery, which the order confirmation email said I would receive within 2 working days. I have emailed them yesterday, so am awaiting their reply.

Quote Originally Posted by porkster View Post

I have got a reply, from them. Basically they were very casual about it, and said that they were only human, and human errors occur. They are not willing to stand behind their words of apology to put the matter right, by offering an alternative product, or order another one in.
    Very disappointing attitude, and I thought a contract was a contract.

No, you thought an offer of sale was a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by roddy_boy View Post
    No, you thought an offer of sale was a contract.
    It wasn't just an 'offer' as I paid for the goods, and the transaction was accepted and the amount was debited from my credit card. I later received a confirmation email to say I had now purhcased the goods, and it implied the goods had been secured by me,and they were now only needed to be packed up and sent to me. Therefore the actal sale had gone through, they just hadn't handed the goods to me, so it was a sale contract.

The offer would just be the website advertising, that would be offering the item for sale. It would remain an offer up to the point where money changes hands, and a confirmation from the company, that I had now secured the goods.
    Last edited by robbyp; 27-02-2009 at 02:01 PM.