Default Freeview HD Reception

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone in the Edgecumbe area has managed to get Freeview HD. I know that the Mt Edgecumbe transmitter does not carry the Freeview signal (and I've heard that it never will) but can I get the signal from somewhere else.

I'm guessing the most common response will probably be "just try it". But I'm not sure I want to go to the effort/cost if I really don't have a chance.

Thanks

Default Re: Freeview HD Reception

http://www.freeviewnz.tv/all_about_freeview/

Try looking here... you can put in your address and get a definitive answer.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Might be better to put your post on www.dtvforum.co.nz

Buy a dish and you will receive it as it covers most of the country via satellite.

Putting the address in to check coverage doesn't help as there are places where it says "unlikely" and I know that people have it.

Satellite and UHF aren't the same. The UHF signal is HD (or some is anyway) and Satellite signal isn't and probably never will be.

I will try the dtvforum site too.

Thanks

Do you have a UHF aerial at the moment? Point it towards Te Aroha (although you may not be able to see it from Edgecumbe) and see whether you can pick up anything. If you can get tvCentral over UHF then you should be able to get Freeview HD as it's on the same transmitter.

As mentioned already the Freeview website is a bit hopeless. My old house in Whakatane was listed as "unlikely" but the signal was flawless (from Te Aroha). Unfortunately I live up towards Ohope now and there's a hill in the way

I've heard conflicting information about Mt Edgecumbe. Some things I've read say that there are no plans to extend HD coverage, yet I've also seen something that states that Mt Edgecumbe is a "phase 2" target and will therefore be part of the next rollout.

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
    Do you have a UHF aerial at the moment? Point it towards Te Aroha (although you may not be able to see it from Edgecumbe) and see whether you can pick up anything. If you can get tvCentral over UHF then you should be able to get Freeview HD as it's on the same transmitter.

As mentioned already the Freeview website is a bit hopeless. My old house in Whakatane was listed as "unlikely" but the signal was flawless (from Te Aroha). Unfortunately I live up towards Ohope now and there's a hill in the way

I've heard conflicting information about Mt Edgecumbe. Some things I've read say that there are no plans to extend HD coverage, yet I've also seen something that states that Mt Edgecumbe is a "phase 2" target and will therefore be part of the next rollout.
    Hows it, i heard your from whakatane and you got hd freeview by pointing at te aroha with uhf aerial. im on alexander ave. you think it will work for me?

Hows it, i heard your from whakatane and you got hd freeview by pointing at te aroha with uhf aerial. im on alexander ave. you think it will work for me?