Default Discuss your MP4 player pros and cons

Do you think IPOD is the best MP4 player in the world? Beautiful looking, multi-function, best quality, best service and support and so on. Really, is there any disadvantage of IPod?

In my opinion, there are still disadvantages of IPod. When I want to upload music on IPod, it needs me to download an Itunes. It brings me troubles. Do you think so? And its screen is so small except IPOD TOUCH. When I watch movie, it makes me so terrible.

So I want to know the pros and cons of your MP4 player. Everyone can get guidance when you post your opinion.

Default Re: Discuss your MP4 player pros and cons

There are other programs besides Itunes (Winamp / Mediamonkey / Yamipod etc). That you can use for Ipods.

I've got 2 Ipods, One's a video Ipod, the other the old 40 GB.

I'm not worried about the video side of it. Altho, I've got a few videos on it (not movies, but songs on it).

I use both mainly for MP3's / contacts and keeping record of what I pay / need to pay

I've never had probs with Itunes. Either syncing MP3's or syncing with Outlook

There's probably similar MP3/MP4 players around. I just havent bothered to check them out, to see what they are, or what they do.

If I want to watch a movie, I'll chuck it in the DVD player.

I've never sent an email to Apple / whoever for them. So, dont know how good the service and / or the support is

In what way, does Itunes give you trouble?
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 25-12-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Step son has a touch, has the odd movie on it but way too small for my eyes and his will be messed up if he watches it too often. He really only uses it to surf the net so honestly a bit of a waste of money more a gimmicky toy than something useful. I personally don't have any Apple products too over priced and as I said I can't watch things on their tiny screens without getting a headache and yet the optician tells me I have perfect eye sight and don't need glasses

I have few issues with my Touch. Had it since the start of 2008 and it's been quite handy. Ie: Ive shut my computer down but want to quickly transfer some money between accounts.. I can do so without rebooting my PC. The screen resolution is much better than many other media players too.
    I don't like being forced to use iTunes because it's a bulky piece of crap on Windows. Also can't use the Touch as a portable usb drive.
    Other than that, I'm more than satisfied with it...
    OS X + Ubuntu + Windows | www.twitter.com/jeremybank

Quote Originally Posted by jermsie View Post
    I have few issues with my Touch. Had it since the start of 2008 and it's been quite handy. Ie: Ive shut my computer down but want to quickly transfer some money between accounts.. I can do so without rebooting my PC. The screen resolution is much better than many other media players too.
    I don't like being forced to use iTunes because it's a bulky piece of crap on Windows. Also can't use the Touch as a portable usb drive.
    Other than that, I'm more than satisfied with it...
    Try Songbird instead of iTunes.
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

I got my iPod Touch specifically because it syncs with Outlook calendar and contacts - the other things are a bonus, like wireless etc.
    Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax34 View Post
    Try Songbird instead of iTunes.
    iPhone and iPod Touch are still locked down to iTunes because of the hash thing, which hasn't been cracked yet for firmware 2.x

Songbird is very nice though
    OS X + Ubuntu + Windows | www.twitter.com/jeremybank