Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Question Was 2008 a good year for you?

I cannot wait for this horid year to be over, and hope next year gets better........

i have had some good moments, and some really rotten sad ones.

the people i have lost that are close to me this year just keeps mounting, my dad, my friend who also happens to be a parent at my childrens school, (minutes after she gave birth to her fourth child she died......... our children are great friends, and we went to school together)
    my sister in law unexpectedly,
    and just yesterday my best friend who also happened to be my bridesmaid at my long ago wedding......... i have spent a bit of time with this one watching her suffer, bone cancer is such a horid illness........... i wouldnt wish it on any one.

good things are i managed to obtain my own house......... and i still have my children who are happy and healthy. and my mum has just got out of hospital and has bounced back remarkably well from her operation.

Life goes on i guess, and i have been told life is what you make it, but somehow i dont think that involves picking death to be part of your life?

Im still beetling along, but finding the days are coming thick and fast and the hours are too short ............. the desire to be sitting at my puter just isnt there, or desire for doing much lately......... but i am always positive to the point its probably annoying,........ but in all honesty the beetle bounce just isnt in existence quite the same lately.

i still drop in to pf1 about once a week, while at work, and if i remember i turn peach (pc) on once a week, to check emails........ and always hope tomorow brings better things.........

and 2009 can only get better?

work is going good, i got a pay rise, and we are talking of expanding to make a new centre we are that busy...........

lets just say 2008 will be a year to remember for various reasons.

good bad and whatever, but it can only get better, im sure if i talk to santa nicely i will get a present......... maybe...
    im not down just having a flat moment, when reality bites....... chocolate and coffee are needed in large amounts at this stage, and i still am smiling, just not always got time to smell the roses....

take care all.

beetle
    Last edited by beetle; 29-11-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: mind just aint beetling enuf
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Default Re: Was 2008 a good year for you?

Know what you mean about people you know dieing - had several this year as well, 3 family and 2 close friends.

So that aside - been a reasonable year - still working so Lotto has been no good, but at least we (my wife & son & Dog) all healthy as far as I know.

When you look at it, there are always people worse off someplace in the world no matter how much you make think are down.

Hope you have a better year next year Beetle.

Just arranging Xmas dinner today - at the inlaws - might be walking home as dont want to be drinking and driving - only 10 minutes drive away, but better to be safe than sorry I guess - anyway the walk will be good exercise, might take a while if we have had a few.

Take care.

This year seems to have gone faster than others.

As for a good year, well I'm still above ground which is a plus when you consider the alternative.

Don't know it's not over yet but we are still healthy although that might change as off caving tomorrow

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

This has been the best and worst year, baby born the biggest highlight of my life, back to being single was pretty crap and now it's pretty cool, but now things are getting good again and next year looks set to be a beauty!
    Current band: Leave The Dead

Best year ever, no regrets at all.
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

The way i see it, next year WILL be a better year. Why? Because those that died this year cannot die again next year.

GettingThereSlowly never-u-mind's Avatar

Crap year .... but hey ... it could always get worse. Bring on 2009 ... I am rearing for a fight.
    To be seen and not heard.

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

My aim for next year is to try and get a studio set up. Kick ass~!
    Current band: Leave The Dead

Quote Originally Posted by WolfForest22 View Post
    The way i see it, next year WILL be a better year. Why? Because those that died this year cannot die again next year.
    Exactly

Been a good year all in all.
    Mother seems to have gotten over breast cancer, nana made it through to 97 (a few days ago) though she still misses her hubby dearly and still wants to go. Left the a**holes across the road and started work with a bunch of quite good sorts (ok the money isnt as good, but more hours so I don't lose financially). Oh, and ditched the Belkin for a Linksys

Down side: just when you didn't think she could get any more words in per day, Miss Four seems to have expanded her vocab

But yeah, life is good... everyones still kickin
    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj