Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Question Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    I just bought a used Compaq Evo D51S that did not come with driver CD. I need network driver, but all network drivers I can download from HP website do not work yet.

    I searched this forum. I found someone had same problem in 2006. It seems that "Miami Steve" has this driver. I wonder if he is still online or someone else has the driver, who can email me. It would be greatly appreciated!

    BTW, I tried to open the case by pressing the buttons on each side, it did not pop off as expected. Is there any trick to the case?

    Thanks.

    Zehong

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    44,796

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    The LAN maybe Intel, try these drivers

    Has it got an Intel CPU in it? Whats the specs of it

  3. #3
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    25,821

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Is This the PC - The EVO D51 Series- If so click on the network driver to download - just looked and it could be any of the 3, try the intel one first.

    PS: Welcome to PF1 By the Way
    Last edited by wainuitech; 16-11-2008 at 09:03 AM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

  4. #4
    Crossmember feersumendjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Levin
    Posts
    2,576

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Quote Originally Posted by zehonghe View Post
    I just bought a used Compaq Evo D51S

    BTW, I tried to open the case by pressing the buttons on each side, it did not pop off as expected. Is there any trick to the case?

    Thanks.

    Zehong
    This computer most likely has a case intrusion lock, look in the bios (press one of the function keys (F2, F10, it'll tell you I think, while booting)).
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

    --------------------------

    Heck is a place for people who don't believe in gosh.

  5. #5
    Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beside the aviary,HB
    Posts
    815

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    From memory you push the buttons in each side and the case slides off backwards?
    Re drivers, these are what I used.I see there is a later version out now,on the page that wainuitech has shown.
    (10.3.39.0 Rev.A
    24 Sep 2008)

    Intel Gigabit Network Connection Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP.
    Type: Driver - Network
    Version: 9.12.13.0 Rev. A (27 Jun 2008)
    Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    File name: sp39807.exe (11 MB)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    The LAN maybe Intel, try these drivers

    Has it got an Intel CPU in it? Whats the specs of it

    It's P4 2.0GHz. The website you gave me only allows me to download the driver on my computer with internet. But I need it to install to a computer without interenet yet. SO I need the file that can be download/save into a flash drive. If I give you my email address, could you email me the driver? (INF for Intel® PRO/100 Network Adapters in Windows* XP)
    Last edited by zehonghe; 17-11-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: response to wrong email

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Is This the PC - The EVO D51 Series- If so click on the network driver to download - just looked and it could be any of the 3, try the intel one first.

    PS: Welcome to PF1 By the Way
    As I mentioned in original post, these drivers had been tried to install, but neither worked.
    Last edited by zehonghe; 17-11-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: rsponse to wrong email

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil McC View Post
    From memory you push the buttons in each side and the case slides off backwards?
    Re drivers, these are what I used.I see there is a later version out now,on the page that wainuitech has shown.
    (10.3.39.0 Rev.A
    24 Sep 2008)

    Intel Gigabit Network Connection Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP.
    Type: Driver - Network
    Version: 9.12.13.0 Rev. A (27 Jun 2008)
    Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    File name: sp39807.exe (11 MB)

    I tried this one as I said in my original post, which can be downloaded from HP website, but none works.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    44,796

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Quote Originally Posted by zehonghe View Post
    It's P4 2.0GHz. The website you gave me only allows me to download the driver on my computer with internet. But I need it to install to a computer without interenet yet. SO I need the file that can be download/save into a flash drive. If I give you my email address, could you email me the driver? (INF for Intel® PRO/100 Network Adapters in Windows* XP)
    I havent got the driver, nor do I need it

    You might as well get it with the pc youre on now, and copy it to a flash drive

    And it'll probably take forever if I email it (it looks like its 12mb)

    Its only 12 mb so should fit on a flash drive

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Compaq Evo D51S network driver

    Quote Originally Posted by feersumendjinn View Post
    This computer most likely has a case intrusion lock, look in the bios (press one of the function keys (F2, F10, it'll tell you I think, while booting)).
    good point! I just checked it, but the "samrt cover" is disabled, which means no intrusion lock.

Similar Threads

  1. Network Controller Driver
    By Gordon_P in forum PressF1
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
  2. Compaq Presario Sound Driver Issues w/ Vista
    By springa886 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-03-2008, 07:24 PM
  3. Looking for PCI Network Adapter Driver
    By andrew93 in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-09-2004, 05:44 PM
  4. Ethernet Driver for Armada (Compaq)
    By Chilling_Silence in forum PressF1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2002, 04:59 PM
  5. PCMCIA Network Card Driver
    By in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2001, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •