Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shine A Light.

Default Shine A Light.

Hi, has anybody seen this doco movie about the Stones. I saw a clip of it and what I saw did not impress. It showed Keith Richards hunched over playing guitar with a fag hanging out of his mouth, blowing smoke, looking like a dead man walking, almost looked childish. Dont think I will bother going to see it. Any comments?

Default Re: Shine A Light.

Quote Originally Posted by royaloaks View Post
    It showed Keith Richards hunched over playing guitar with a fag hanging out of his mouth, blowing smoke, looking like a dead man walking,
    It's a documentary isn't it? What did you expect him to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by royaloaks View Post
    It showed Keith Richards hunched over playing guitar with a fag hanging out of his mouth, blowing smoke, looking like a dead man walking
    I thought they were making a special coffin for the guy? Just going to sort of close it around him and the guitar once he dies (they'll know he's dead because the cigarette will go out....forever....)
    Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Unfortunately, all the remaining Stones are now past the geriatrics stage and are declining fast.

I believe that you should quit while you are still good looking and still playing great music. Why would you want to be remembered as Keith Richard is now?

John Cleese had the right idea with "Fawlty Towers." He did not want anyone to compare later episodes with those first twelve. They were great! He wanted them all to be remembered as the best.

So, I don't think that I would want to see the film unless the Stones were played by young and vibrant actors as they were then.

Quit while you're ahead.

Quit while you're on top.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    John Cleese had the right idea with "Fawlty Towers." He did not want anyone to compare later episodes with those first twelve. They were great! He wanted them all to be remembered as the best.
    That's what they all say when various plans to make more episodes or a film fizzle out

After about 140 reviews for "Shine a Light" Rotten Tomatoes averaged the score as 7.4/10 ie better than 95% of anything on Sky.

VoidMaster

Don't dis Keith, he's a bigger man than you'll ever be, whoever you are royaloaks

Quit while they are on top?

That was 30 years ago.

If they are compelled to play music, Then let em go hard, They still draw huge crowds but even if they didn't who the hell has the right to tell anyone to stop rockin, especially for the sin of being too old.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Unfortunately, all the remaining Stones are now past the geriatrics stage and are declining fast.

I believe that you should quit while you are still good looking and still playing great music. Why would you want to be remembered as Keith Richard is now?

So, I don't think that I would want to see the film unless the Stones were played by young and vibrant actors as they were then.

Quit while you're ahead.

Quit while you're on top.
    As Neil Young said / sang "It's better to burn out, than it is to rust..."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

VoidMaster

Keith has still got some pretty good licks.

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

A garage band doesn't ever have to retire...

Put on some headphones..and listen deep...REAL DEEP into the background.

You'll hear sniffles, snorts and heavy breathing along with bad echoes, missed musical cues, muffed lyrics, buzzing fret noises and amplifier cords getting kicked from under the feet.

That's what makes them the greatest semi-pro garage band of the century.

Old rockers..rock...not fade away... because it's only rock 'n roll and time is on their side.

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?