Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Removing firewall

Hi Guys

This is part of a continuing saga but I thought I would deal with this issue separately. Problem - how to remove NVIDIA firewall? The machine will only boot in safe mode. I haven't found a polite way to remove the programme as "Add/Remove" says it can't be done in safe mode. Any good alternatives?

Michael

Default Re: Removing firewall

You should have added this in your previous thread

I think this firewall is part of the motherboard / its hardware based.

Check the BIOS for the Nvidia firewall option as well

Is there an entry in add/remove program called NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager ??

If there is uninstall it

Hi Speedy

The information was given in the previous thread As there were no responses I decided to start a new thread covering just 1 issue.

I will check the bios later - presently busy doing other things.

Yes, there is an entry "NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager" in "Add/Remove". You say uninstall it. I have tried that and it doesn't work. That is why I aksed for suggestions. How do I remove it?

Thanks for your advice.
    Michael

If you have already installed it, i think you have to use a browser to configure it, or disable it.....not sure as I only installed it once. Are you on NF3 or 4 chipset.

Try this link for info

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13307179
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

See if theres an option in the BIOS disable it first if its there.

Then uninstalling that entry might work

Hi Guys

SM - don't know what the chipset is. I am even confused as to what the board is. The box and manual say NF4UK8AA (and I think that is correct) but Belarc reports it as NF-CK804. So????

Speedy - Nothing I can see in the bios about NV firewall. I note that Belarc reports NVIDIA Firewall v1.0.0.1 & NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager v1.0.1.0 (I presume that these are what we are trying to get rid of). I also note that these are mentioned in the HJT log (posted in previous thread.) However, When I look in programmes, I can't see them anywhere. I think they were there previously before I attempted to remove them with "Add/Remove". Have they been removed????

I also note that Belarc is reporting Norton IS v2005. Checking through the manual I see that the firewall, NAM and NIS come on a DVD. I suspect that these were installed when the PC was built. Since then it has been in to a PC shop in another city and they have had a play with it. I am fairly certain that PCillin and ZA programmes have been put on it at some stage. These last 2 don't seem to be on the machine any longer - at least I cannot see anything although there must be some remnants of NIS somewhere as Belarc is reporting it.

Considering the sequence of events, I remain to be convinced that any of this has anything to do with why the machine locks up on a normal boot.

Still keen to know what my next step should be.
    Michael

Sounds to me that you have too many A/V and firewalls operating.....Your chipset is NF4, did you check the link I gave you, their is no program, the firewall settings are controlled through your Internet explorer browser.....

Uninstall ZA, PCillian programs, also NIS...jeez, overkill going on there....Never have more than 1 A/V and 1 firewall program......The firewall cant be disabled in the BIOS, it is either uninstall or open the ports via the browser. If you are still having problems, check out the Nvidia forums...
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Well since u cant remove Nvidia firewire uninstall Comodo. See if it makes any diff

He has comodo on there as well?....LMAO!

Double post!!