Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anyone using Firefox 3.1 ?

Does the new FF 3.1 have "Undue Closed Tab" and other add-ons not available on 3.0? How is it otherwise? I have not upgraded to FF3 yet because I don't want to lose add-ons. What about Add Block Plus?

Default Re: Anyone using Firefox 3.1 ?

All of my add ons are working under FF3 adblock plus, firebug, password exporter, British English dictionary (can't stand crap USA spelling) and McAfee site advisor. Had to wait a week for compatibility for firebug but apart from that great. Better get ready for work I guess.

your tabs can reopen like they were closed you have the choice when closingtick the box, adblocker plus is compatible ,get FF3.1 otherwise your o/s is at risk they have these updates to fix security issues...
    The one stop shop for infections"www.tccomputers.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=134" check software security issues online @ http://secunia.com/software_inspector/ you tried the rest now have the Best www.opera.com/download/

this is one of my favorite sites online scanner for finding security software issues...http://secunia.com/software_inspector/
    The one stop shop for infections"www.tccomputers.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=134" check software security issues online @ http://secunia.com/software_inspector/ you tried the rest now have the Best www.opera.com/download/

Just noticed that FF 3.1 is only in alpha stage, and the latest official Mozilla download is 3.0.1

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics
    are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

~ Bertrand Russell

if you use secunia you will be supplied the link to the latest release of that software you're using that doesn't have security issues...

morgenmuffel

Steve "undo closed tab" is available for firefox 3, as It is working on the wifes machine,
    If you can't see the button you need to click next to the home icon and select customise and drag the icon to to the toolbar (provided you have installed the add-on and set in the add-ons options that it wll show a button on the toolbar)
    Morgenmuffel - This word needs to be a part of the english language, in fact you should use it in everyday conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Steve "undo closed tab" is available for firefox 3, as It is working on the wifes machine,
    If you can't see the button you need to click next to the home icon and select customise and drag the icon to to the toolbar (provided you have installed the add-on and set in the add-ons options that it wll show a button on the toolbar)
    Bugger: I installed FF 3.0.1 and find there is no Paste and Go, and no FasterFox, and while there is "undo closed tab" there is no "undo closed tab list" which shows the last 6 or 7 closed pages.

Now I wonder if I should go back to FF 2.0xx, or if it is possible to do this and retain all the personal stuff?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics
    are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

~ Bertrand Russell

morgenmuffel

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_L View Post
    Bugger: I installed FF 3.0.1 and find there is no Paste and Go, and no FasterFox, and while there is "undo closed tab" there is no "undo closed tab list" which shows the last 6 or 7 closed pages.
    Paste and go - have you looked at paste to tab
    As for recently closed tabs you can do it via the menu
    History --> Recently closed tabs --> and the last 7 or so should be there,
    -----------------
    Edit i just installed "undo close tab" and once i have the button on my toolbar clicking on it gives me a list of the last 7 or 8 tabs closed
    Last edited by Morgenmuffel; 31-07-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Morgenmuffel - This word needs to be a part of the english language, in fact you should use it in everyday conversation

Wink Re: Anyone using Firefox 3.1 ?

Just download the nightly tester tools from here and you can then right-click and force those addons to activate.
    I haven't come across an extension that caused a problem yet..
    Ever stop to think, and forgot to start again?