Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NOD32 on SBS2000

I've just installed Nod32 2.7 (because version 3 doesn't support exchange yet) on a SBS 2000 server & I can't get it to update.

I've set up all the proxy information, but when I try to update on the server, it says connection failure. I used the same settings on one of the workstations & it downloaded the updates no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: NOD32 on SBS2000

Could it possibly be a DNS lookup issue with the server??

Got a natural pearl in my calloused hand
    ...Saved for the girl who could really understand
    ......What it takes to see
    .........The gold from the alchemy

Quote Originally Posted by nofam View Post
    Could it possibly be a DNS lookup issue with the server??
    IE is working. That would make it unlikely to be a DNS issue. IE has the same proxy settings as I put in Nod.

Firefox also works, but I didn't have to put in a username and password for it - just set the proxy address and port. Those settings didn't work in Nod either

Have you made sure it's able to use the proxy server settings for all types of traffic and protocols? The NOD updates may be coming over FTP rather than HTTP etc?

Got a natural pearl in my calloused hand
    ...Saved for the girl who could really understand
    ......What it takes to see
    .........The gold from the alchemy

Quote Originally Posted by nofam View Post
    Have you made sure it's able to use the proxy server settings for all types of traffic and protocols? The NOD updates may be coming over FTP rather than HTTP etc?
    Nod only has one place to enter proxy information & it doesn't have anything about different protocols.

I just found out the workstations can access the net without the proxy set up, but the server can't. ISA must be set to allow the traffic through without going through the proxy because the traffic has to go through the server to get to the router. Any idea why it would let traffic through from the workstations without authentication, but not itself?

Are you sure the workstations are using the SBS for the gateway and not the router directly?....
    Did you put in the username and pw for Nod?
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Quote Originally Posted by SolMiester View Post
    Are you sure the workstations are using the SBS for the gateway and not the router directly?....
    Did you put in the username and pw for Nod?
    I put in the username and password. I even tried rolling out the same config file to all workstations & the server. all workstations worked, but server didn't.

Nod32 started blocking outbound emails, so I uninstalled it (on the server - all the workstations are AOK). I will try to get it running again on Monday.

The workstations use the server as a gateway. They can't get to the router directly - it is connected directly to the server & then the server goes out to the switch through the second network card.

Had a similar problem with a customers Server & workstations- heres what worked for me after changing all the workstations and server.

Open the Nod Control Center, Go to the Bottom Update/ On the window in the right that opens, click Setup.
    Bottom Right of new window, click Advanced, Under proxy server click the setting button, tick the Proxy server, in the proxy Server Address put in what ever your proxy Server address/details are, In the user name and password, use the Administrators user name and password you set - NOT the nod32 user name and password.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Had a similar problem with a customers Server & workstations- heres what worked for me after changing all the workstations and server.

Open the Nod Control Center, Go to the Bottom Update/ On the window in the right that opens, click Setup.
    Bottom Right of new window, click Advanced, Under proxy server click the setting button, tick the Proxy server, in the proxy Server Address put in what ever your proxy Server address/details are, In the user name and password, use the Administrators user name and password you set - NOT the nod32 user name and password.
    I was already using the administrator username & password in the proxy settings.

Can anyone help me understand why NOD was blocking outgoing emails but not incoming ones? I didn't have these problems when installing NOD on SBS2003 servers.