Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: NOD32 on SBS2000

Obvious thing to check would be your port blocking, as POP uses a different one to SMTP (25 as opposed to 110)

Got a natural pearl in my calloused hand
    ...Saved for the girl who could really understand
    ......What it takes to see
    .........The gold from the alchemy

How did you configure ISA on the SBS2000 server?
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Computer Tech

If you are installing NOD32 on a server are you following the recommended config for a server?
    i.e. DO NOT install IMON - Disable scanning of certain Windows system files - Disable scanning of the Exchange folder etc

Also how are the workstations getting their updates?
    Normally the server would get the updates from NOD32 server then host them locally for the workstations.
    So the workstations don't even need internet access to get the NOD32 updates from the SBS box.

Also how are the workstations getting their updates?
    Normally the server would get the updates from NOD32 server then host them locally for the workstations.
    That's an interesting point - the server should be issuing out the updates - might sound silly, but have you tried turning the proxy setting off, and trying like that - if the workstations are updating then it appears they are not going through the server.

Also - no firewall stopping it ??

Also just reading more on Esets site - "If you use a proxy server, click on the Detect button to check for one"

I was just speaking to one of the tech guys at chillisoft,( NZ distributor) about another matter - and mentioned this- according to him the only thing that would normally stop it is incorrect proxy settings ( if using a proxy)

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    That's an interesting point - the server should be issuing out the updates - might sound silly, but have you tried turning the proxy setting off, and trying like that - if the workstations are updating then it appears they are not going through the server.

Also - no firewall stopping it ??

Also just reading more on Esets site - "If you use a proxy server, click on the Detect button to check for one"

I was just speaking to one of the tech guys at chillisoft,( NZ distributor) about another matter - and mentioned this- according to him the only thing that would normally stop it is incorrect proxy settings ( if using a proxy)
    I talked to chillisoft about it too, and they couldn't think of anything that could be causing it.
    It doesn't work with or without proxy settings. It didn't work with the usual setup (proxy details entered, no username & password entered, connect to LAN as system account) so I tried entering domainname\administrator & password & tried all the different connect to LAN options - nothing worked.

The workstations are updating directly from Eset.

I'm sure it must be the proxy, but I've got no idea how to find out exactly what is going wrong with the proxy.

The router is plugged into the server & all the workstations connect to the internet through the ISA server. ISA is configured to allow the workstations internet access without authentication, but anything running on the server still requires authentication.

Hmmm Stab in the dark - but have you tried setting the port for Nod32 (on the server) to use port 80, I'm assuming that a standard web browser will work OK. ?????