Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If your ISP is PARADISE.NET, please read this

A friend recently found that he was unable to get into www.bbc.co.uk but the companion site, www.bbcworld.com was fine.

I wont go into all the tests I did as it is beyond the scope of this message.

I thought I had a really weird problem then decided to contact 4 friends who are with Paradise and found 2 have the same problem and the other 2 do not.

I have given all the information to Paradise along with what tests that I did, but as expected I have had no response yet.

I am rather interested to find the extent of this problem so if you are with Paradise, would you mind trying www.bbc.co.uk and if you cannot get in, please post a reply. I am interested to know how many cannot get onto this site.

Many thanks

Default Re: If your ISP is PARADISE.NET, please read this

What Browser are you useing ? and what are the others using ? It sounds like a browser setting problem.
    PUPPY LINUX 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by kjaada View Post
    What Browser are you useing ? and what are the others using ? It sounds like a browser setting problem.
    I used different browsers and the first thing I did was check the "Hosts" file and connecting to dfferent ISP with the same computer are only some of the testing I did

BTW - Connecting to a different ISP worked 100% and I also tried using DNS servers from other ISP's
    Last edited by Tony.br; 29-05-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Hi
    I had this exact problem and managed to get it resolved with Paradise tech support - read the following thread ..
    http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=89051

I got my original account with paradise, just tried the links - both in right away - No problems at all - tried on 3 browsers, FF, IE7 & Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by plimtk View Post
    Hi
    I had this exact problem and managed to get it resolved with Paradise tech support - read the following thread ..
    http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=89051
    I am with Paradise via a Telstra Home account. I participated in the thread quoted by plimtk, and the solution found by plimtk initially solved the issue for me. However, that solution (inserting specific DNS addresses) is no longer working. BBC is the only website that I have this problem with.

Someone else in that thread suggests using the IP address for BBC. That gets me into their home page, but none of the links work, because all the links commence with bbc.co.uk rather than the IP address.

I don't think the problem is with whatever browser you use - in my opinion it is a Paradise problem.

Ooops. Operator error at my end. When I first got this fix from plimtk, I entered the DNS numbers into my router settings, because I thought that was what was intended.

I just tried entering the two DNS server numbers into the Internet Protocols of my LAN network connection, and it has worked. Duh! How stoopid.

Anyway, that is the fix, and I can now contact BBC again.

Tony.br - it might be useful to find out what is entered for DNS Servers in the TCP/IP settings of those you know who are successful in making contact, and those who are not?

No problems here via Telestra Cable and using Firefox.

Need more power

seen this?

Nullafy
    Youngling

New Post Today 12:13 pm REPLY Edit Profile Send PM Add Friend
    On the 17th of April we had this issue (using DNS 203.97.33.14 and 203.97.37.14).
    Emailed TC support and they suggested we used below DNS, so far these work OK.
    Primary DNS: 203.96.152.4
    Secondary DNS 203.96.152.12

Additionally - a few days ago 203.97.37.14 died completely, a few calls to Telstra business tech support - and I got the same suggestion, use the 203.96* range.
    ---
    -=| Nullafy |=-

Intel I7 920@4.0 GHz (1.25V), Nvidia GTX580 OC 1.5GB, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (1366),Megashadow 2x120mm low speed fans,6 gig Ram (1600), Intel X25-M 80gig G2 SSD & 2x1TB Seagate, Win7

Me

I'm with Clear - before that Paradise - and cannot get into the BBC site. Will have a read of the solutions, and try again.