Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dells Techical Support doesnt care about helping me

hey all

I cant get any help from Dell Technical Support

bascly the motherboard needs replacing as its not accepting commands from the keyboard, this issue started when the computer was inside the warrinity period.

As its taken ages to get anywhere with the support people at Dell, the system is now outside the warrinity period and dell are not wanting to replace the motherboard

What can I do, who should I contact at dell here in New Zealand to solve this problem, I dont really want to contact Fair Go

thanks

Iain

Default Re: Dells Techical Support doesnt care about helping me

Take it to Dell or wherever you brought it. Tell them to fix it / deal with it

got it from dell online/phone order

i would love for dell to fix it/deal with it

http://support.ap.dell.com/support/t...=nz&l=en&s=gen

any of the contact numbers there should do the trick, i've always found Dell support to be quite good, but there is of course limits to what a CSR can do for you.

Politely ask for your query to be escalated to a team leader or a supervisor and see how you get on there.

When you first started having problems with the Computer, did they log the problem - If they did and it was still within warranty they should still be covering it, if they simply gave you the run around and didn't actually give you a reference number then its only your word against theirs that the problem happened while in warranty.

Before you start taking it further you unfortunately may have to be able to prove the problem occurred while in warranty.

ive only been involved with the system since janurary, but the owner (family friend) had been pull her hair out while trying to fit it with dell support for a number of months

Maturafure Date; 14 feb 2007
    issue first started; september 2007
    todays date; 15 may 2008

when i came involved, back in januray, i contacted dell support but didn't get any useful help after spending 1hr on the phone

each time ive ask for a ref number from dell they wont give me one, instead intrusiting me to use the service tag as ID

this computer has given the term 'given the run around' a new meaning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    When you first started having problems with the Computer, did they log the problem - If they did and it was still within warranty they should still be covering it, if they simply gave you the run around and didn't actually give you a reference number then its only your word against theirs that the problem happened while in warranty.

Before you start taking it further you unfortunately may have to be able to prove the problem occurred while in warranty.
    Just extending on this

When ever you contact a computer vendor around the size of Dell or your ISP etc make sure you get case numbers from the CSR that handles your call. this makes further contacts a lot faster and easier as they will be able to lookup the details of your previous calls and see when you first tried to get help with your fault.

Case numbers are your best friend in so many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by kersonan View Post
    Just extending on this

When ever you contact a computer vendor around the size of Dell or your ISP etc make sure you get case numbers from the CSR that handles your call. this makes further contacts a lot faster and easier as they will be able to lookup the details of your previous calls and see when you first tried to get help with your fault.

Case numbers are your best friend in so many cases.
    I love case/reference numbers, I always ask for them, but in this case dell didn't want to give me one each time i asked for one, instead tell me to use the service tag aka serial number

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Palmer View Post
    I love case/reference numbers, I always ask for them, but in this case dell didn't want to give me one each time i asked for one, instead tell me to use the service tag aka serial number
    Thats really odd, the whole concept of case/reference numbers is like a helpdesk backbone, i'd be taking the escalate to team leader/supervisor path with this personally.

I'm also curious about this

"bascly the motherboard needs replacing as its not accepting commands from the keyboard"

could you perhaps expand on this a little, your fault may not be as bad as you think.
    Last edited by kersonan; 15-05-2008 at 07:43 PM.

It is difficult when you are dealing with call centres based overseas, who also ignore NZ consumer laws. I remember when Dell NZ quoted in the paper that they would eventually be using a NZ call centre for handling NZ customers, but that doesn't appear to have happened.

Anyway, you should write a letter, and also emailing it to them, detailing the timeline and the problem, and request that it is either fixed within a certain time period, or you would like a refund. Even if the problem ocurred now, you would still be covered by the CGA . Quote the CGA in your letter. They do have a NZ manager, although I am not sure if they are based in NZ, they are a NZ registered company, so must abide by the NZ consumer laws.

Their registered address is

Dell New Zealand Ltd
    Simpson Grierson
    Level 24
    88 Shortland Street
    Auckland