Question need for start up disks but no paperwork

I just bought a mercury PC from the warehouse and do not have any disks with it and when I went to load Xtra broadband on it, it wiped out something and now I have to get it started again. It says a file is missing. Who is the manufacturer? does anyone have contact details or can help me.

Default Re: Mercury Computer Shuts itself down whenever it feels like it

Quote Originally Posted by qtiiwill View Post
    I just bought a mercury PC from the warehouse and do not have any disks and when I went to load Xtra broadband on it, it wiped out something and now I have to get it started again. It says a file is missing. Who is the manufacturer? does anyone have contact details or can help me.
    The retailer has to help you if it is under warrenty? Take it back to the warehouse and their PC help department should help.

Default Re: need for start up disks but no paperwork

This any help?
    http://www.mercury-pc.com/p-pcsystem.php

(Personally, I would never buy anything vaguely technical/expensive from the Warehouse, you don't know who's been messin' with it, I'd take it back if I was you, and get your money back, and go buy a cheap Dell, at least you'd have support).
    Last edited by feersumendjinn; 16-04-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------
    "After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch."

Default Re: need for start up disks but no paperwork

Welcome top Press F1 qtiiwill , what is the error message / file that it says is missing ??

Also what is the OS XP or Vista ?

Quote Originally Posted by robbyp View Post
    The retailer has to help you if it is under warrenty? Take it back to the warehouse and their PC help department should help.
    No they dont - Warranties dont cover software, if a person deletes some of the operating system either by mistake or on purpose the manufactures dont have any control over that - Warranties ONLY cover hardware.

As I mentioned in the post above, what is the OS, if its Vista there is a way to repair the system depending on whats missing, if its only been caused by xtras stupid CD then that should be easy, but no point in giving advice for Vista if its XP.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    No they dont - Warranties dont cover software, if a person deletes some of the operating system either by mistake or on purpose the manufactures dont have any control over that - Warranties ONLY cover hardware.

As I mentioned in the post above, what is the OS, if its Vista there is a way to repair the system depending on whats missing, if its only been caused by xtras stupid CD then that should be easy, but no point in giving advice for Vista if its XP.
    I try not to have a guess but I checked out the link posted by feersumendjinn. Probably XP but I do not know this for a fact.

I do know that you do not need an Xtra CD to connect to Xtra.

More information by the original poster may help.

You can use SFC in XP to repair but qtiiwill says no disks came with the system. Possibly there may be a recovery partition but in those cases you would normally have recovery disk(s) (CD) which should put the system back to as supplied.

I know you knew this already but I had to say it. I hope this helps qtiiwill fix the problem.