Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TV Tuner No Sound

Hi, I got a WinFast TV2000 XP RM TV tuner and I can't find my AUX-in or CD-in on my motherboard so im guessing that I dont have one and should buy a soundcard? If so which should be able to do the job? Im not worried about quality just the cheapest price. Which features does the sound card need to have in order to plug into the TV card?

Thanks

Default Re: TV Tuner No Sound

Quote Originally Posted by w000t View Post
    Hi, I got a WinFast TV2000 XP RM TV tuner and I can't find my AUX-in or CD-in on my motherboard so im guessing that I dont have one and should buy a soundcard? If so which should be able to do the job? Im not worried about quality just the cheapest price. Which features does the sound card need to have in order to plug into the TV card?

Thanks
    I had one of those before and from memory you don't need the aux/cd-in. I had the same problem with no sound and once I downloaded the latest software (winfast PVR, presumably you are using that) it works fine.

Alright ill give that a go now and get back to you. Thanks

Nope :\ still no luck. Thanks ephesus
    Anyone else got some suggestions?

Whats the brand/model of the mobo??

You'll need the cd/aux in, or line in for a soundcard.

For the sound to work on this tuner

Coz you have to configure the sound in the PVR program (for either line in or cd aux/in), before you'll get sound (after your record whatever).

Manufacturer: MSI
    Model: AMETHYST-M 1.0
    Chipset: ATI Xpres 200 (RS480) Rev. 10
    Southbridge: ATI SB400

Thats the info from CPU-Z
    Thanks

I don't think you need a sound card. If you are able get sound on your computer, it should work on the tuner card as well.

Again from memory you are able to adjust the input/output sound source on the winfast PVR. Goto the installation section of the PVR and choose the input/output devices. play around with the selection. It worked for me before.
    Last edited by ephesus; 16-04-2008 at 04:38 PM.

No thats incorrect, if the card has an input/output for sound on it, it needs to be plugged into line in (on the soundcard) or the aux/cd connection (on the mobo).

So you can get / and record the sound (when you use the tuner)

Having sound doesnt mean (if you dont connect the sound from the tuner, to one of the above), its going to work as well. It wont

You HAVE to connect the tuner, with whatever connection, and configure the PVR program / whatever, so it goes through line in or aux/cd. In the options

If this mobo has JCD1 and JAUX1, (I think I'm looking at the manual for your mobo).

All u need is the cable to go from the tuner to one of these

It looks like both of these are under the last PCI slot (CD1 on top, JAUX1 underneath it)
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 16-04-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    No thats incorrect, if the card has an input/output for sound on it, it needs to be plugged into line in (on the soundcard) or the aux/cd connection (on the mobo).

So you can get / and record the sound (when you use the tuner)

Having sound doesnt mean (if you dont connect the sound from the tuner, to one of the above), its going to work as well. It wont

You HAVE to connect the tuner, with whatever connection, and configure the PVR program / whatever, so it goes through line in or aux/cd. In the options
    That's the point. I don't think the card comes with input/output connection on the card. Its just a pci connection but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ephesus; 16-04-2008 at 04:53 PM.

I remembered now. You need to plug your output sound from you tv card (blue) to your mobo input (green) or vice versa. It will work unless you don't have onboard sound.
    Last edited by ephesus; 16-04-2008 at 04:54 PM.