Default Accidental click using Partition magic

The problem,no floppy drive access,no harddrive boot on first partition,just a blinking cursor.This is how it came about,in the main screen in patition magic I'm about to use driveletter to correct any discrepencies for drives,this is still a hidden partition.Driveletter screen top says,all refrence to drives with this letter,A to Z, bottom driveletter screen now,says,will be refered to as A to Z.I decided to cancel this operation or at lest thats what I thought I did. I then decided to make the partition active anyway,partition magic reboots,end of story.From memory I seem to remeber C being the top letter before I clicked cancel,(like I said I thought I clicked cancel,and we all know what thought did,got out of bed to check that the light was off.)anyway the problem appears to be,in a nut shell,ALL REFRENCE'S TO C WILL BE A. Tried all boot sequences,tried master/slave,floppy A,B,B,A etc.Once the floppy is working, no problem.A serious problem indeed. Anyone help please.

Default Re: Accidental click using Partition magic

Hi, You will have to run Partitition Magic again and try to unhide all partitions. Then make drive C:\ active. It sounds to me that like the C:\ drive has been hidden by mistake. Also use the tools menu to check all partitions as you may have a fault on one of them. Not a foolproof way, but it might work. Don't use drivemapper until everything else works. Failing that try using fdisk from a boot floppy with the command:- fdisk /mbr. Hope this will be of help.

Regards Fred

Hi Fred,thanks for taking an interest in this problem.I'm using my old Pentium 90 to get here.This is what I think has happened,drivemapper has change the 'C' drive to 'A' and 'A' won't respond other than once during initial bootup seek,so I have no floppy drive,once the floppy is working I think I can recover using the rescue disks.It's a hard one Fred. Thanks Phobe

Hi Fred,thanks for taking an interest in this problem.I'm using my old Pentium 90 to get here.This is what I think has happened,drivemapper has change the 'C' drive to 'A' and 'A' won't respond other than once during initial bootup seek,so I have no floppy drive,once the floppy is working I think I can recover using the rescue disks.It's a hard one Fred. Thanks Phobe