Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Generation why bother

Very interesting report, has anyone else observed this?
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4431180a10.html

Banned

Default Re: Generation why bother

I guess not.

meh

Banned

I posted it because I am inclined to agree with the article and your response confirms that, joshjnz.

Yeah, read and agree with it, though it doesnt cover the lack of respect, generosity of compassion which generation X had.
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Report chairman Peter Dale, of the New Zealand Community Trust, stressed he was referring only to those considering playing rugby
    There is the issue, Pretty much no one takes up rugby as a teenager.

Hell, on my very first day at school (aged 5) the coach came in just to see if I was a prospect for the team, He wasted no time, No questions, Just told me to come to practise that day as soon as the final bell rung.

If I was talked to about it as a teenager I would have been to busy drinking beer....

As for generalisations of generations, Its pathetic, every generation looks down their noses at those coming after them, and every new generation gives the finger back.
    better Dredd then dead

Not everyone is interested in Rugby you know. Meh, who care? Its just another bunch of people whinging.
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

Pretty pointless report...

Duh football (soccer) will someday be more popular than rugby (which I hope would DIAF) in NZ.

All generation Y wants is to be different and distinguishable from X. No more daddy pressure to play some half-arsed rugby.
    Revenge Is A Dish Best Served [Cold].

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax34 View Post
    Not everyone is interested in Rugby you know. Meh, who care? Its just another bunch of people whinging.
    I'm not a rugby player and never was, it is the attitude of teens that the article is referring to that caught my attention. I know that being a teenager is difficult and dealing with them can be just as much "fun" but it is the point about teens not applying themselves to anything (sports or otherwise) but only having a very short attention span for the latest electronic gadgets and nothing else which I have to agree with. Also that teens won't research and figure out a problem themselves - they just want to know the answer instantly via someone else's input and then if that gets too hard they throw it away in a hissy fit rather than continue on with it and solve it.

Its all me me me me, I want I want I want and there it is (thanks to mummy or daddy) and if it breaks mummy or daddy will get me a new cell or i will just pirate some software or steal something because that is what everyone else does and every else is rich and I don't have any money but I should have what they have cause I WANT IT NOW.
    Last edited by vitalstatistix; 09-03-2008 at 01:34 PM.

People have been saying this sort of thing since the first written whinges back in Ancient Greece.

Probably said it before then too.