Default Shared hosting, Who do you share your server with?

Ever wonder who else is on your shared hosting server? Type in the domain or IP at the URL below.

http://www.myipneighbors.com/

What is nice is that the domains are listed on the left side. A live browser frame window of the domain you select is on most of the right side. I find it rather interesting to look through the front page of sites I am sharing with.
    www.theboss.co.nz

New Zealand Motorsport Forums. Also have fun playing our online Arcade games.

Default Re: Shared hosting, Who do you share your server with?

Aaah, but that only shows who you are sharing your ip with - many shared servers have multiple IPs distributed among their customers. If you are on a VPS, there may even be several separate servers hosted on the same machine.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Correct Bletch.

The service can't be 100% accurate, not even 90%. One company may have several web-servers in a cluster, but only one switch/router routing the requests to the right server. Then all the servers will have the same external IP.
    Theoretically at least one account can have dozens of domains.

It's only really a rough guide that I found interesting. I moved off a server that was hosting hundreds and hundreds of sites and I found my site was suffering from that. I'm now with a host that's serving (at present) less than 50.
    www.theboss.co.nz

New Zealand Motorsport Forums. Also have fun playing our online Arcade games.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezzee View Post
    Correct Bletch.

The service can't be 100% accurate, not even 90%. One company may have several web-servers in a cluster, but only one switch/router routing the requests to the right server. Then all the servers will have the same external IP.
    Theoretically at least one account can have dozens of domains.

It's only really a rough guide that I found interesting. I moved off a server that was hosting hundreds and hundreds of sites and I found my site was suffering from that. I'm now with a host that's serving (at present) less than 50.
    Some hosts will host thousands of websites on a single server. It is however the resources the websites use, not the number of websites that will have an effect. If a web host doesn't have mnay websites on the server, it could indicate that they don't have many customers, so if they are not making much money they are not going to be around for very long.

There's a small chink (ok, call it a hack) on many servers that allow you to see every one else's websites and username/password combinations.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.