Default Disk encryption easily cracked? Nonsense! Get A Load of This!!

Following on from earlier thread from a couple of days ago, I would like to present this little gem.

To be for-warned is to be for-armed. Lappie Owners be aware!!

BURNZEE

A BAD DAY'S FISHIN' SURE BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK!!

Default Re: Disk encryption easily cracked? Nonsense! Get A Load of This!!

All very well if the PC is left on as that video shows, But if its been turned Off and stolen after around 15 minutes its all Rubbish.

Storm in a tea cup again.

Agreed but who always turns their lappie completely off when they leave it for a short time. Do you? Honestly?

What happens if your computer is stolen shortly after you have left it. What if the bad guys cleaned out your bank account from information gained from your hard drive?

Computer security is never a storm in a tea cup.

BURNZEE

Security in general isn't. But if they had my lappy, then they'd probably get more money, more easily by just hocking the thing off. Actually, with MY laptop they'd need to run away fast they'd probably want a front end loader of some discription. You can be safe, and you can be obsessed. I lock the door, but I don't set shotguns contraptions up. I find the net more convenient than going into the bank, so I think I'm going to cope.

Some people alone are a security risk - Personally I NEVER leave my Laptop unattended,not even for a minute, and if I do its got a security cable attached - think that might look a bit sus someone running down the road with a desk attached - Leaving it where someone can easily steal it is asking for trouble.

Keeping your back account details on any PC/Laptop is also asking for trouble, bit like writing down your Pin Number on the back of your Money Machine card. Its been hammered in time and time again NEVER do those things - but people still do.

ALL my account details are in my head - so they would have to steal me along with the laptop. And I can HONESTLY say I ALWAYS log out of a secure site if I happen to be in one - banks esp, and once you log out you have to log back in, passwords are not remembered.

The way that Video showed how to access the PC is bad alright - But also think about it - some one would have to be targeted and have a person with the right equipment just waiting to steal the PC/ Laptop when the owner leaves it for a few minutes. While this does happen people who don't take security precautions are asking for trouble.

I still say its a storm in a tea cup because no point in getting worried about that happening if you are careful in the first place.