COMPUTER NOOB!

Exclamation My Computer Turns Off!!

Can you guys help me? My computer turns off when it loads my windows (the task bar icons and stuff) and it also turned off when I was in the BIOS settings. This happened 2 days ago (25 Jan) and it worked perfectly yesterday and this morning. 2 days ago, I was playing Battlefield 2 which is a game at 7am-9am then turned my computer off. Then I turned it on at around 6pm then it started to turn off. I tried several times until it worked. Then somehow, it didn't turn off. So I tried playing a game and it didn't turned off. Next day it didn't turn off. And today, I played Battlefield 2 at 7am-8.30am then turned it off then 12pm-12.45pm then turned off then at 7pm I tried turning the computer on but it turned off after it loads. I changed the Memory Frequency from 2.00 to 3.00 because a month ago my I realised I didn't install this software that came with my GA-8I915P-D GigaByte Motherboard which was 2 years ago which I installed. I clicked on this Overclocking thing and the screen was black (I don't know if it was on Stand-by) then I tried several times then I went into the BIOS settings. and I saw MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T). I played around with it. (remember this was 2 months ago) I changed Memory Frequency to from Auto to 2.00 which was 2 months ago. So that was why I changed it back to 3.00. But I don't know whats Memory Frequency. I think it is my Ghz cos I have 3.2. And now it worked after changing it to 3.00. I'm scared it might happen again. Is it overheating or the power? Sorry if I'm confusing you. By the way I'm 13. And also, then I was trying to retry restarting my computer, I have to turn off the main power (at the back of the box thing) and wait for around 30 seconds.
    I'm using
    Windows XP Home Edition
    5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    Radeon X550XT Card
    GA-8I915P-D GigaByte Motherboard
    200Gb Seagate
    512Mb Ram
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20Ghz 3.21Ghz

Default Re: My Computer Turns Off!!

Welcome to PressF1.

Firstly, put all your BIOS settings back to default so that your overclocking attempts are removed and see if the system becomes more stable.

COMPUTER NOOB!

Is it the Fail-safe defaults?

Quote Originally Posted by alextan94 View Post
    Is it the Fail-safe defaults?
    Yes.

But you could load optimised defaults after that.

It sounds like either some really screwed seatings (hence dont try and tweak your computer when you dont know what your doing) or either faulty CPU cooling device (I assume fan) or a faulty PSU. What PSU are you using. This is because your PSU may not be able to handle the workload of all of your components.