Default Dual monitor setup

Have a 22" and 19" lcd monitor running
    when I have game running on 22" and other programs dragged on to 19" all works well EXCEPT when I switch primary screen from windows mode to full screen my secondry screen goes blank.
    Is there any way to keep it on?

Also what resolution should I use for wide screen 22" monitor.Currently running at 1680 x 1050. Doesn't look quite right

Any advice appreciated.
    Jack GOF.

Default Re: Dual monitor setup

I'm not sure if having your desktop AND a fullscreen game running is possible; how would the game know to move the mouse cursor when what you really want is to move the cursor to the other screen?

Most 22" screens have a native resolution of 1680x1050, but you should check. A disadvantage of lcds is that any resolution other than the native resolution doesnt look very good.

And if the res is too high it may damage it.

So, I would check to make sure, you dont go over the native resolution of the LCD.

might be a good Idea to mention the models of your monitor & Video card.

A couple points that may or may not be helpful though:
    1. Game resolution is independant of windows settings, and will look best at native screen resolution if your graphics card is up to the challenge - set it from the game set-up menus

2. 1680 x 1050 sounds right to me, but some 22" screens do have a higher res, read the documentation for your screen, or google it and set it to the native resolution. ( Normally with LCD's it's the highest setting windows will allow - assuming the monitor is detedted properly )

3. Some monitors have an option in their own setup - accessible from the monitor buttons - to stretch lower resolutions to fullscreen, turning this off might help

4. Some games do seem to disable the 2nd monitor, try and see if it's all games or just some.

5. Updated drivers are always a good place to start with graphics problems, also the manufacturers website mave have a FAQ file worth reading

p.s - it is possible, I run WoW on my main screen and IE7 on the other when using game guides ( 320M 8800 GTS ).

I can alt-tab between the two no problem. As for the mouse pointer - it stays firmly in the game unless you use the above mention alt -tab

Titan quest on the other hand allows the pointer to move freely between screens, while supreme commander offers to use the 2nd screen for the game itself ( awesome ).

It could just be the game in question shutting down the 2nd screen.