Unhappy No "Email as attachment" option in "Send to" drop down box (Vista)

Hi folks.
    10 days ago I purchased a Compaq Presario running Vista Home Premium.
    Spent all week setting it up the way I want it.
    Tonight, for the first time,I wanted to send a file as an email attachment. I right clicked on the file name in Windows Explorer/ My Computor and selected send to. The option to send as attachment is missing.
    Spoke to the techs at HP. They suggested that the "Windows Mail" program was at fault and the only solution was to reinstall the whole operating system!!!!
    Has anyone had this problem?
    I would most gratefull if anyone could help me with this problem
    Cheers
    Colin

Default Re: No "Email as attachment" option in "Send to" drop down box (Vista)

The option to send a message from windows explorer runs along the lower top (under the tool bar that has file, edit, view, etc.) of the window.

highlight the file to send, then click 'E-mail' it should be the 5th option across
    you can also do it under file where you said file > sendTo > Mail Recipient

Try one of these

Smile Re: No "Email as attachment" option in "Send to" drop down box (Vista)

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman8815 View Post
    The option to send a message from windows explorer runs along the lower top (under the tool bar that has file, edit, view, etc.) of the window.

highlight the file to send, then click 'E-mail' it should be the 5th option across
    you can also do it under file where you said file > sendTo > Mail Recipient
    Thanks buddy. Tried the button and it worked. So much for the "experts" at HP.

Cheers
    Colin

Spoke to the techs at HP. They suggested that the "Windows Mail" program was at fault and the only solution was to reinstall the whole operating system!!!!
    those techs are idiots............the 'send to mail recipient' will automatically attach your chosen file to an email anyway..........
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by drcspy View Post
    those techs are idiots............the 'send to mail recipient' will automatically attach your chosen file to an email anyway..........
    The "send to Mail recipient" option is not available in the drop down box, either from the right click or from File/send to but the toolbar link works.

Would be nice to rostore it to its rightfull place but will settle for the button.

Earlier versions of Windoze allowed you to add to the "Send to" but this doesnt appear to be an option in Vista