Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emailing 80meg?

Default Emailing 80meg?

I would like to send some pics by email,required if poss by tomorrow,problem is there is 80mb.

What can be done?
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Default Re: Emailing 80meg?

reduce em a bit ?........

if you are on BB it wouldnt take too long to send em but dial up might be something of a marathon effort lol (dialup upload at 33kb/sec at BEST) BB well that depends on your provider but many are only 128kb which is about 64 secs to the MB in theory ......so possibly say an hour to send on BB ......ah someone correct me if my numbers are wrong please......and lol ouch dialup would be about four times longer......

many mailboxes have size limits on the incoming mail and you might want to chek that out before you mail them only to find em bouncing back at you lol
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)

you could try zippin em too.............*might* make a difference

or burn em to disk then courier next day delivery if in nz.......?
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)

Anything running on Xtra or Telecom network will be stripped out if its over 5mb

Or you could sign the person up to Gmail, and tell them their new user name and password... cheeky, but it'll work.

Definitely split this into chunks. Most mail services will be set to reject a message that large; try to keep each chunk below 8MB for maximum compatibility (if I remember rightly 8MB is the default for sendmail, 10MB for postfix).

Alternatively use rapidshare et al - this will allow you to keep the file in one piece, but has the downside of sharing it with the entire planet.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

pcsourcepoint

Maybe consider and search for a free online storage site to sore your photo's long term. Then ask the recipient to download them, but they probably require the same storage site to sign in...
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

filesplitting will work well you can get free apps that'll split any file into whatever size you want and make a .bat file also you then place all the 'chunks' into a folder with the batch file and then double clik the batch file and it'll make a reassembled version of the original .....very simple......of course depending on yoru connection it'll still take quite some time to email.......

oh an any file splitting app that makes a .bat or .exe file for reassembling the pieces well......ah many email server a/v watchdogs and also the end client one may remove or dissalow access to that .bat or .exe file on principle that it could be dangerous.......you can of course change the extension to .txt or similar but then the recipient will need to change that back.....simple enough but can be tricky for any user who isn't somewhat advanced. ?

http://www.yousendit.com/ is good. Just keep in mind the lack of privacy.

I'd offer you a complimentary FTP service as I've done for a few other PF1'ers if it wasn't urgent, but I'm too busy now and until after the weekend to set it up.

Lemme know if I can help afterwards.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.