Default How to use Windows Vista colour management for screen calibration

Using Vista, how can I calibrate the screen of my laptop so that the colours look natural?

On default settings the blues and greens on my screen look washed-out.

This machine was upgraded from XP. With XP, there was a utility called "Adobe Gamma" which worked well, it set up a colour profile and it would load at startup. But this isn't compatible with Vista. You can use it but the screen keeps resetting itself all the time.

Anyone else hit this problem? Looks like MS have improved and enhanced the colour management in Vista, unfortunately that also seems to make it more complicated to set up!!

Default Re: How to use Windows Vista colour management for screen calibration

I should clarify - the Upgrade from XP was actually a clean install of Vista. Just in case that makes any difference.

Banned

Default Re: How to use Windows Vista colour management for screen calibration

Quote Originally Posted by adaros View Post
    Using Vista, how can I calibrate the screen of my laptop so that the colours look natural?

On default settings the blues and greens on my screen look washed-out.

This machine was upgraded from XP. With XP, there was a utility called "Adobe Gamma" which worked well, it set up a colour profile and it would load at startup. But this isn't compatible with Vista. You can use it but the screen keeps resetting itself all the time.

Anyone else hit this problem? Looks like MS have improved and enhanced the colour management in Vista, unfortunately that also seems to make it more complicated to set up!!
    I have a feeling that Vista colour callibration is not as ideal as the Adobe Gamma in XP.
    You may have to continue with the more complicated Vista method.