Thread: Email Hosting

Default Email Hosting

Any good & reliable email hosting companies in NZ to recommend?

My friend is running a small business and he is looking for an email host in NZ (or even international) to handle his email. Somehow, he is having a free email host (one of his friend did it for him many years ago, and this guy is no more in NZ), but now, he is getting too many spam emails everyday. He doesn't mind to pay (not too expensive) for a good and reliable email host. Preferrably, he would like to retain the email address e.g. peter@abc.com (abc=his company name)

Cheers

Default Re: Email Hosting

There are two free services provided by Microsoft and Google which offer free your-domain email hosting:

http://domains.live.com/
    http://www.google.com/a/

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post

My friend is running a small business and he is looking for an email host in NZ (or even international) to handle his email. Somehow, he is having a free email host (one of his friend did it for him many years ago, and this guy is no more in NZ), but now, he is getting too many spam emails everyday. He doesn't mind to pay (not too expensive) for a good and reliable email host. Preferrably, he would like to retain the email address e.g. peter@abc.com (abc=his company name)

Cheers
    You would actually be looking for a web host, as all webhosts would provide email. I don't know if many provide just email, and the cost difference would be minor anyway. You are best to look for one that has seperate servers for email hosted in NZ, as these tend by be more reliable. Check out this directory http://www.netguide.co.nz/Home/Shopp...4/Default.aspx

Sun Killa

My friend is running a small business and he is looking for an email host in NZ (or even international) to handle his email. Somehow, he is having a free email host (one of his friend did it for him many years ago, and this guy is no more in NZ), but now, he is getting too many spam emails everyday. He doesn't mind to pay (not too expensive) for a good and reliable email host.
    Yeah I can help. PM me (private message) and let me know your email address, and I'll give you a few options, no obligation. If I can't help I might be able to steer you in the right direction. A few PressF1 members already use my services quite happily.

... but now, he is getting too many spam emails everyday...
    You had better stick to offerings from Gmail, Yahoo! and Hotmail. They have better spam filters than you (or some small outfit) can ever hope to have. Spam filtering is friggin' hard. I have done it, and the admin is greater than most people realise.

Quote Originally Posted by vinref View Post
    Spam filtering is friggin' hard. I have done it, and the admin is greater than most people realise.
    Too right, thats why they are better off with a hosting company if they want domain based email and good reliable service. There is not much point sourcing it through a friend, as you need to be able to contact the host whenever there is a problem or at least be able to find out what the problem is.