Ifindoubtgiveitaclout

Default Vista Sound Quality

Has anyone else noticed that their sound quality has gone bad in the last couple of weeks? My sub output is almost non existant. It's ok when I use Linux. But I don't want to use Linux all the time. I was wondering if there was a duff update.

Default Re: Vista Sound Quality

Now that you mention it, I have noticed over the last few days that any music being played had to be increased on the speakers to get the same level of loudness> Just thought it was by hearing

Thinking more about it - I got removable hard Drives, and if I switch back to XP and play the same song it is slightly louder. ( they are comming from my server, hence same music track)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-10-2007 at 09:14 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Ifindoubtgiveitaclout

Thats good that their's 2 of us. I've been doing all sorts to this & it's still no good
    I used to have sound from the rear speakers too

I haven't noticed any sound differences with Vista.
    Mind you, I'm running a Creative Audigy 2 ZS card (with unofficial drivers - H/W Dolby and DTS decoding )

I recently changed from onboard sound to an X-Fi Soundblaster, and in some applications have found I have no mid range, and the X-Fi has to be force fed to create the bass (Enabling various function in the software console). Although not a problem, it is a bit disconcerting, and certainly not something I'm wholly happy with.

I'm looking to the next driver to solve my problems which I'm going to download tonight! So fingers crossed!
    Core 2 Duo 3.25GHz E6700|Gigabyte 680SLi Mobo|Zalman CNSP9700 CPU Cooler|8GB G.Skill DDR2 800 RAM|XFX 8800GTX xxx ed.|2x 74GB Raptors & 4x 320GB Seagate SATA (in 3x RAID1)|2x Asus DVD-RW 18x|X-Fi Sound

Nope, no problems on Vista Home premium. Check on the MS KB website if any updates have caused similar issues or re-install your sound drivers.
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

Ifindoubtgiveitaclout

I just checked my installed updates & found 18 had failed installations. I'll try uninstalling & re-updating again

Ifindoubtgiveitaclout

Fixed the failed updates. KB935807 didn't want to know, it needed 3 goes at installing it before it succeeded, then all the others changed to successful. I had to uninstall & install a few before I got to that one.
    Played with the sound. It depends on the media player I'm using. I found that PowerDVD7 is the best for sound & video. To get the best sound, set up windows media player sound how you like it through the graphic equaliser & even though the sound is horrible (it is on mine) clipping & volume wavering etc, but the tone is right. Then play it through Power DVD & it's good

But not as good as XP's. I might have to revert back, maybe.