Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drivel......

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Default drivel......

When one is lying wide awake in the wee small dark hours and cannot sleep due to that dratted insomnia thingy.............. ones mind does an awful lot of thinking.........

And as this week has been a horrifif mind bending, and finacncially painful week, and a personal attack on belongings, ones mind wanders at will............
    And some of the most astonishing things you come up with........ And i was thinking about mistakes......... that I yes I beetle has made this week...... Like smacking the thumb with a hammer....... sigh, its not black but hey its a pretty shade of purple....... and i dont wear nail polish... LOL

that was a mistake i instantly realised i made.......hahahahaha

which got me to thinking............ how soon do we notice our mistakes? instantly in the case of the hammer...... a bad word? instantly? or just when the other person attacks? lol when you arive at the hospital? lol after the car ran you over like? lol
    or a week? a month? when you have been made bankrupt? or just when you realise, no one ever talks to you any more?
    or maybe you realise you made a mistake and now you cannot fix it? so build a bridge and get over it like? or just wait for all your friends to give you crap about what you did and stuffed up at the time...lol

but im sure that ive made more this week........ and maybe not realised yet? lol
    any way.............. enuf drivel from me today............ went back to work today, after a week of holidays............ and faced the music........

of a week of beetleness to the max............

Hope ya all have a good day......

beetle
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Default Re: drivel......

Quote Originally Posted by beetle View Post

how soon do we notice our mistakes? i
    99% of the time, after its happened and its too late.
    The rest - there's sometimes an inkling that this may not be a good idea......

Sounds like you had an interesting night beetle
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'vbulletin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I was thinking the other day about the other side of the coin: Not making mistakes because you have taken precautions.

I was thinking that it's kind of unsatisfying to take certain kinds of precautions because you hardly ever know whether they were justified or not - i.e. whether you would have been perfectly fine anyway but you spent the money/time taking precautions, or avoided doing something you wanted to do and maybe you could have done it.

Like with insurance. You spend the money year after year and nothing happens, and you realise that if you hadn't had the insurance you could have spent that money and enjoyed it but, as it turns out, you wasted it.

This Forum would not be the same without Beetle & Metla. PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeOldMate View Post
    I was thinking the other day about the other side of the coin: Not making mistakes because you have taken precautions.

I was thinking that it's kind of unsatisfying to take certain kinds of precautions because you hardly ever know whether they were justified or not - i.e. whether you would have been perfectly fine anyway but you spent the money/time taking precautions, or avoided doing something you wanted to do and maybe you could have done it.

Like with insurance. You spend the money year after year and nothing happens, and you realise that if you hadn't had the insurance you could have spent that money and enjoyed it but, as it turns out, you wasted it.
    I was thinking the same thing until last friday, Ive been paying for insurance for the last 3 years, but now Ive been ripped off I can tale some kind of comfort known Ill get part of my stuff back.

As for beetle, I think mistakes are mistakes when you realise them too late.
    Current band: Leave The Dead

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

It seems that every new generation has to re-invent the wheel, fire and socio-interactive manners.

The prior generation (old butt heads and parents, may be the same category) don't get a hearing ear by the youngers and so it goes...time wasted on putting hands into macerating objects, riding on the handlebars and sitting too close to the television ("You'll ruin your eyes") or wearing rubber boots indoors ("You'll ruin your eyes")...so it goes....

Mistakes are just ways of learning that you could not or should not have done something. Thomas Edison was asked about all the failures in creating the incandescent lamp. He said he hadn't failed 1,003 times; instead he said he found 1,003 ways to NOT make a light bulb.

Now, if we could all condense that plethora of life info and inculcate that learning into our unborn children, then the learning curve on what is safe, dangerous and death-defying will all have been taught and they can be born with full tilt ability at the onset. No need to go through all that again.

Until that happens, (the PhD in smarts before birth), we have to learn the old fashioned way.

So it goes, we have to learn why a square peg will not fit into a round hole unless brute force is used....but that's a learning aid too.

Don't hit your thumb doing so.

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

A mistake isn't really a mistake until it's too late to fix it.

(Like Ghosting a HDD in the wrong direction) Thats only a real mistake when the data recovery software fails!!
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

ok bare with me on this idea......

a sudden thought............ is a mistake only a mistake if you think it is?
    or if some one else does? meaning ...you did something, but you think its ok, but others dont?

or is that when it becomes opinions? their opinion i mean not yours....??

beetle
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Talking Re: drivel......

It's a mistake if you don't learn from it.

If you don't notice it, but things keep going wrong, it's a bigger mistake than one you do notice, and eventually act on, leading to change, hopefully for the better.....

(i'm so good at advice, pity my life has had so much *ahem* learning experiances)