Page 1 of 12 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Anybody heard of Hicom Ltd?

Hi people

A PF1 user put me onto a supplier of computer parts called Hicom Ltd. The guy I spoke with on msn (hicomp_sales at hotmail dot com) is called Eugene, although I don't know his last name.

I made an order from the guy because he was around 10% cheaper than my current suppliers, and the PF1 user had made many orders from him without problems. I paid the $2300 for the order into his bank account, the name of which was 'Hicom Ltd'.

After a few weeks, nothing had arrived, so I got the stuff from my regular suppliers and asked for a refund, which he seemed perfectly happy to give. The problem is, after many stories that don't add up and one cheque that was supposedly posted but never arrived, I have no money after several more weeks - perhaps a month.

A quick search of the companies register reveals that there is no such company as Hicom Ltd. There is a Hicom Corp Ltd, which was struck off the register in 1998, and is a web design firm in Mt Wellington. Their phone number rings on and goes to a generic answering machine.

He is most definitely trading as 'Hicom Ltd', so he is illegally misrepresenting himself as a company, right?

The guy apparently has a shop in Parnell, Auckland. He is also supposedly a supplier of QMB computers, but they have not heard of Hicom Ltd, though they do have a part time 1-day-a-week employee called Eugene.

He said to me once that he buys foxconn cases from Zcom, but Zcom have never heard of Hicom Ltd.

I have no phone number, no address, no live e-mail address, no working cellphone number for the guy. Yes, I'm a complete idiot for dealing with him.

I am extremely worried that my money is slipping away. I can't afford to lose $2300, so what should I do next to find the guy and/or get my money back?

I know the Disputes Tribunal won't take it, because there is no dispute. He's perfectly happy to give my refund, he says....

If anyone knows / knows of this guy, any information would be appreciated. He hasn't been on MSN for over a week. Maybe someone lives in Auckland and knows of the shop in Parnell?

Thanks in advance. Also, should I ring the police?
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'vbulletin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Default Re: Anybody heard of Hicom Ltd?

Who was the original PF1 user who put you onto him, and do they have his contact details?

qazwsxokmijn, and no, otherwise I would know them
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'vbulletin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

You may be able to have a talk to your bank to see if they can find out anything, but it'd be highly unlikely.

Hmmm at this stage I'd phone the police if I were you. Tell me when you have and I'll gladly give the police all I know about Eugene.

I do however doubt he is gone. He is sporadically on/off during the year.
    Meh....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    Oh ****, that's him.

*Phones police ASAP*

Ouch...

Good luck.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

The police told me they can't do anything and that it's a civil matter.

I've been through trying to get money the 'civil' way (Disputes tribunal etc) and the result was not a cent, and hours of wasted time.

Advice?

Hold your pants for a sec, George....dug this out from my past convo with Eugene....

I picked up the PC I ordered from him personally at 98 Anzac Avenue in Auckland CBD. He said this place is a storage of some kind.

Also, he has taken his CyberWorld Computer Company (CWCC) from the register. Have a look:
    http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms/our...mpany-removals
    So that proves he had a legit company selling computer stuff and services.

Malaysia? The last time he was gone for a month he told me he was in Singapore. And Steven (Wang Biao An)? He told me his name was Eugene....

Other than this, I have nothing else, sorry. I'm sorry it has come to this, I've never encountered such problems dealing with Hicom.

I think he will be back on MSN again - he always does after odd periods of being offline.

And may I also suggest you talk to the bank he is with - ANZ and supply them with Eugene/Steven's account number.
    Last edited by qazwsxokmijn; 10-09-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Meh....