Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: Xtra/Yahoo Bubble anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsey View Post
    Hi folks ... I accidentally homed in on this site .... but reading all these notes makes me wonder if I wasn't guided here. I too have spent an entirely FRUSTRATING day sorting out the stuff up that Xtra have caused by getting into bed with !@#*&%$#@! Yahoo.

Like lots of you I started getting a load of Spam which unfortunately coincided with me doing something I normally NEVER do sent details to Stuff nz. Then I lost the plot and allowed a pop-up ... then the spam started and I thought Oh heck ... or such words.

6 hours later I decided to shut the computer down and then get into Xtra ....and found it was shut. This morning went straight to Xtra and found the BAD news .... Yahoo Bubble ... Now I belong to an e-group which uses yahoo and works fine ... UNLESS you want to access or doing practically anything with Yahoo .....Man have I had some fights and have come to HATE Yahoo ....so imagine my sinking thoughts at finding out what was going on. A mate of mine in another group accused me of being the cause of his increase in Spam ....I realised he too was Xtra and gave him a phone call to tell him what was going on. He had downloaded Spamfighter from one of the other lads and so have I....seems simple and I am happy.... with that but furious with Xtra.

I got onto the help desk both people I eventually got in touch with were remarkably placid given the hell they must be going through. It seems they had not been briefed about the VASTLY IMPROVED situation and so I congratulated them on their demeanour wished them all the best and left them to it. I then tried to fumble my way through Xtra and just went round and round in a deadend. i then thought I had done something wrong in the computer set up and have now seemingly stuffed that up too. Luckily I have a laptop and so just used Outlook on that having downloaded "Spamfighter" straight away. At least I can do e-mails.

How in the hell can we bombard Xtra and let them know if we had wanted ruddy Yahoo we would be using it direct. Xtra was brilliant as it was why oh why did some twerp ( boy he's/ she's getting called some seafaring terms under my breath!!!) decide to create this BRILLIANT !!! stuff up.

The small print on Yahoo and Xtra will give Consumer magazine a feast of material for years to come. I am sure it breaks every rule in the book ...

I DO NOT WANT YAHOO .... IWANT XTRA AS IT WAS.

Barnsey
    Those of us will be changing ISP's. Those that want to stay with a stuff up can.

Actually the spam has increased. Mine is marked [spam]. So when I got pages instead of 1 or 2 there is defenately a problem!

Wonder how their Linux user customers feel no longer being able to use Xtra webmail as the Yahoo!Xtra application only supports Windows and Macs ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Wonder how their Linux user customers feel no longer being able to use Xtra webmail as the Yahoo!Xtra application only supports Windows and Macs ...
    I take it your feeling left out Jen. Not that Xtra obviously cares.

Quote Originally Posted by winmacguy View Post
    I take it your feeling left out Jen. Not that Xtra obviously cares.
    It was just a generalised comment. My ISP is not Xtra so it doesn't directly affect me.

Like many others I worked through the registration process (several times) until I got right through - but only by abandoning any attempt to set up Subaccounts - that's just not working.
    I can access my email on the web but Outlook Express keeps timing out - so I used tracert to see what the latency was. 327ms while it goes out through the national gateway, over to Oz and through three servers before reaching pop3.xtra.co.nz !

Gotta remember xtra is 51% owned by Yahoo now, and I think telecom want to sell them the rest...

Banned

That ***** Gattling probaly signed off on this holocaust before she split

tedheath

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Jen. Just an FYI. Using Mepis (ditched XP some months ago), Tbird email & Swiftweasel browser.

Registered (had no choice really) - had to then reconfig both Tbird and also Guarddog firewall (had to compile new version of GD to allow SSL on smtp - that was fun ). Tbird now working both send and receive. Can get into webmail using Swiftweasel as well.

Emailed a complaint to Xtra - and also a copy of email to Campbell Live. Got a reply from CL asking for progress if Xtra responds. To be honest, not expecting much.

So bubble does work for Linux users (for me anyway). Funniest thing was watching the progress chart - got to the 'install software' then just skipped to the end, and still worked (no yahoo crud installed though). Gotta love linux for that

Why pick on Ms Gattung, was she ever truely running the place? Rod Deane was the previous CEO then Chairman of the Board. His plan didn't change - whittle Telecom down to a Corporate office with everything contracted out.

More problems

Service Announcement
    We have recently identified a fault in our registration system and as a result the Yahoo!Xtra Bubble registration process is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.