Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Parallel Importers service sucks!

I wasn't going to do this, but I was driving past one of their stores today and thought... "Nah, they deserve it!"

I took my cellphone (with 2 weeks left on the warranty) in to them and was referred to their service dept.

In 2 weeks:

I had shown the fault to 3 staff (including a technician).

I had described the fault four times.

I had been told that they had done nothing for a week because there was no fault description provided.

When I said that I wasn't happy they had done nothing for a week, I was told that they had tested the phone and found no fault (despite three staff, including a tech seeing the fault)

I was ordered by the service dept 'manager' to read her my copy of the repair docket, seemingly making it my problem that one of their staff had omitted to fill out a complete description of the fault.

But it got worse from there...

None of their staff would give any indication of how long I would be without my phone.

When I got sick of explaining myself and demanded to speak the owner/directors I was told that they could only be contacted by fax or e-mail.

The service dept 'manager' gave me what appeared to be a deliberately wrong e-mail address (I know- I tried sending e-mails with 10 different combos of the name), so I had to fax the directors.

The directors would not deal with me directly and I could only get a short e-mail that 'The phone was being repaired'.

It took a very 'to the point' e-mail from me followed by a phone call to their call centre voicing my displeasure before one of the directors phoned me back (after almost 2 weeks of trying). He flatly refused to take any responsibility for the way his staff acted and ignored my suggestion that they give me either a refund or a replacement phone.

I guess what really pisses me off is the 'screw-you' attitude of their staff- including the 'director'.

Right from the beginning these people went out of their way to be rude and unhelpful, only the person in the service dept when I took the phone in was civil (and loaned me a phone that she described as 'pretty basic').

They couldn't have tried harder to get rid of a customer... and they have succeeded. I have spoken to a number of people I know this week- 1 has pulled out of buying some semi-pro camera gear from them, another has decided not to buy an LCD TV of theirs off Trade Me. The fact that you can't buy it for less than the 'Buy now' price anyway because the reserve is the same, making the auction pointless, could have something to do with it

It was my 1st and last brush with parallel imported goods. I'll go back to buying from reputable dealers who know what service means and can back it up through the NZ agents

Why can't these businesses realise that they can't just take the money and thumb their nose at their customers? It's the best way I know of to go out of business.
    Last edited by Shortcircuit; 16-08-2007 at 07:03 PM.
    The best buzz is a short, sharp shock

Banned

Default Re: Parallel Importers service sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortcircuit View Post
    It was my 1st and last brush with parallel imported goods. I'll go back to buying from reputable dealers who know what service means and can back it up through the NZ agents
    My wife could tell you of many similar stories of customers who have had issues with products bought through Parallel Importers and then been referred to the original importer when something goes wrong, where off course in this situation it is nothing to do with the proper authorised importer.

Quote Originally Posted by winmacguy View Post
    My wife could tell you of many similar stories of customers who have had issues with products bought through Parallel Importers and then been referred to the original importer when something goes wrong, where off course in this situation it is nothing to do with the proper authorised importer.
    And Beetle had a similar problem with a camera some time back.

Beetles' problem is now solved I do not know if I should bring it up again. That is the problem

I should not even give anyone a link on this forum in case I expand the thread.

Thanks Jan.

Banned

My wife works for an authorised importer and has had to deal with customers who have bought goods thru Parallel Importers.

Not all are bad

I bought from Etown and they provided an excellent service

I normally buy my stuff thru parallel imported shops
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit

Yeah, the guy there got quite funny when I told him that I've been hearing a few bad stories about their service.

Unfortunately most people hear after the fact- when it's too late.

That's partly why I posted this- so Pf1ers can avoid them

I had a similar run of bad (non-existent?) customer service from the North Shore Parallel Imports store.

Bought a Casio watch for my son for his birthday - had to take it back three days later because the battery appeared to have failed. Had to wait two weeks before they could change the battery - something that any jeweller could do in half an hour!!!

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Banned

You get what you pay for. If you want cheaper your service will probaly be cheaper as well

tedheath

Quote Originally Posted by tedheath View Post
    You get what you pay for. If you want cheaper your service will probaly be cheaper as well

tedheath
    Boy, you're really endearing yourself to the other forum members aren't you?

Actually the phone was not cheaper- it was not available in NZ at the time and cost quite a reasonable amount. Service costs nothing- it's having a good attitude that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by tedheath View Post

tedheath
    What the topic starter described is an ineptly managed business. It affected a customer of theirs - but it will most definitely affect their profitability as well. Penny wise - pound foolish.
    Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.