Default Slingshot - Grrrrr

Neighbour decides to go with Slingshots broadband. Receives Dynalink and hooks it up.

This morning she checks and DSL light has lit up, Yay she thinks.
    Telecom phones, says its all go.

She can't connect, rings Slingshot who can't help her.
    She gets me, I go look at Dynalink and run Diagnostic.
    DSL is up.
    PPP Server is found.
    Oh dear, authentication fails.

Ring Sling**** tech number 1: He says Telecom has not finished, I say but it finds the server, he hangs up on me.
    Ring him back and ask him to confirm username and reset password, he says OK and hangs up again.
    Ring Sling**** tech number 2, he says number 1 hung up because they had a fire drill.
    I say it must have been a fast drill as I rang straight back. He says Telecom has not completed Tunnelling part.
    I say it finds server, he repeats himself endlessly and says tunnelling will possibly be done at 4:30pm.

Neighbour rings Telecom. Telecom say tunnelling completed early this morning.

Ahhh The Power OF AMD intel hunter's Avatar

Default Re: Slingshot - Grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Neighbour decides to go with Slingshots broadband. Receives Dynalink and hooks it up.

This morning she checks and DSL light has lit up, Yay she thinks.
    Telecom phones, says its all go.

She can't connect, rings Slingshot who can't help her.
    She gets me, I go look at Dynalink and run Diagnostic.
    DSL is up.
    PPP Server is found.
    Oh dear, authentication fails.

Ring Sling**** tech number 1: He says Telecom has not finished, I say but it finds the server, he hangs up on me.
    Ring him back and ask him to confirm username and reset password, he says OK and hangs up again.
    Ring Sling**** tech number 2, he says number 1 hung up because they had a fire drill.
    I say it must have been a fast drill as I rang straight back. He says Telecom has not completed Tunnelling part.
    I say it finds server, he repeats himself endlessly and says tunnelling will possibly be done at 4:30pm.

Neighbour rings Telecom. Telecom say tunnelling completed early this morning.
    A bit like asking a politician a yes or no question........neither of them know
    "The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him." Anon

A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.- Bertrand de Juvenal

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

Sligsh*t is horrible to deal with these days. Helpdesk should be renamed 'We-will-make-you-wait-as-long-possible-before-letting-you-talk-to-someone-incompetant-desk'. I think thats how you spell it.

I never had trouble, but last 4 - 5 months have been hell, I dunno who has the best deal though...
    Current band: Leave The Dead

I joined slingshot in january and left them to join xnet in february.

Their speed was terrible.I wanted to play online games command and zero hour and well the ping was 800ms between 5pm-11pm.Speed was horrible.

I rather join Xnet.Yes they are expensive but I rather pay more for better customer service.

I get 6mbps now and 768kbps as oppose to 1.2kbps/56kbps with SlingShot

I have no idea why SlingShot speed are so different to Xnet when they are both using telecom's copper wire after all.
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by rob_on_guitar View Post
    Sligsh*t is horrible to deal with these days. Helpdesk should be renamed 'We-will-make-you-wait-as-long-possible-before-letting-you-talk-to-someone-incompetant-desk'. I think thats how you spell it.
    That also applies to Telecom. And iHug. Especially iHug in my case.
    Meh....

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabear View Post
    I joined slingshot in january and left them to join xnet in february.

Their speed was terrible.
    I rather join Xnet.Yes they are expensive
    I have no idea why SlingShot speed are so different to Xnet when they are both using telecom's copper wire after all.
    They had an issue with their equipment. Supposedly its now resloved.

And Xnet are not expensive. Compare them to Xtra.......

i agree Slingshot sell themselves as no.1 service provider in NZ but their after sales service is absolute pants. Their speeds aint that flash either. I guess it goes to show when they get big enough they all become the same and dont necessarily focus on the customer as much as they used to.

Also interesting to note that in days gone by slingshot have posted replies on this forum to irate customers but they no longer seem to bother....

Quote Originally Posted by globe View Post
    I guess it goes to show when they get big enough they all become the same and dont necessarily focus on the customer as much as they used to.
    Yep. I think that sums up pretty much all big companies. Profit rules, customer service is something they pretend to. Yay for the little guys.

Quote Originally Posted by globe View Post
    i agree Slingshot sell themselves as no.1 service provider in NZ but their after sales service is absolute pants. Their speeds aint that flash either. I guess it goes to show when they get big enough they all become the same and dont necessarily focus on the customer as much as they used to.

Also interesting to note that in days gone by slingshot have posted replies on this forum to irate customers but they no longer seem to bother....
    Slingshot also like to blame telecom for any problems, but the problems with download speeds are to do with slingshot. Their speeds are still bad, especially in peak times.