Default Boot order/registry smart

Hi there
    Kids have been switching CPU on and off and I have now got message: Del: enter setup f12: boot menu when I start computer.
    If I hit f12 all goes well. Do I need to do BIOS thing and change Boot order to make everything ok? Does it matter what order boot order is?

Finally, relevant to the above, has anyone tried the free trial version which will supposedly solve all these issues:
    Registrysmart.com? I have visited the site and now see it is safely installed in My Docs as an application??
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Boot order/registry smart

Also, just to add to the mix: the following is in MY DOCS: and I have no idea what it is?
    OOo_2.2.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe.ren
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Sounds like the the BIOS is in a mess. What I would do first is see what key you press to enter the BIOS.( usually DELETE, depending on MB/Brand) and look for the default Key / setting, reset it back to default. See if that fixes that problem.

Boot order - thats opening a can of worms with that question, Depending on who you talk to you will get different answers.

Personally I set the boot order to : Floppy/CD/HD that way if the PC wont boot normally you can always boot into the system with a floppy or CD to run repairs.

As for the OOo_2.2.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe.ren That looks like the install file for Open Office. BUT the .ren shouldn't be there? maybe some one else can clear that up.

Registrysmart - Be careful with any Reg program as it can do more damage than good. Just look around some of the posts in PressF1.

Please repost any success as it does help others trying to help with questions sometimes.
    Ta!

Finally, relevant to the above, has anyone tried the free trial version which will supposedly solve all these issues:
    Registrysmart.com? I have visited the site and now see it is safely installed in My Docs as an application??
    Thanks in advance.
    well registrysmart will NOT fix any kind of issue with the bios cause the bios loads FIRST in the bootup process WAAAAYYYY before windows and the registry even gets a look in.........anyway.......many of those type of 'free trial' programs WILL 'find' errors on yoru system then offer to fix em - for a fee.....stay away from it........they often 'find' stuff that's not even there to trick you into paying for a program you dont need...........if you really want to run a reg scan of some sort download ccleaner and run the 'issues' tab that's a free prog.....and well respected...
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)

Kids have been switching CPU on and off and I have now got message: Del: enter setup f12: boot menu when I start computer.
    If I hit f12 all goes well. Do I need to do BIOS thing and change Boot order to make everything ok? Does it matter what order boot order is?
    ok also the kids haven't been switchign the CPU off and on they've been switching the COMPUTER off and on.....the cpu is a TINY unit inside that box ....it's the brain of the thing.......anway what I suspect is happened is that it's reset it self to 'defaults' for bios........you can go into the bios (that's the 'setup' it mentions when it says 'hit del....etc'....) and look for something like 'enable fast boot' its probably set to 'show post screen' or similar at the moment.........the boot order is generally set to floppy/cd/hdd in that order.........
    There are two sides to any question; MY side and the WRONG side (Winston Churchill)