Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting sick of doctors and teachers bleating !

Hi Guys

I am getting a bit annoyed at the antics of doctors and teachers who keep going on strike and theatening us in the media that they need pay rise because there are shortages in their area and that they are worried about staff retention.

By all means ask for more pay, but it is up to their EMPLOYERS to worry about recruitment and retention.

Regards

Digby

Default Re: Getting sick of doctors and teachers bleating !

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Hi Guys

I am getting a bit annoyed at the antics of doctors and teachers who keep going on strike and theatening us in the media that they need pay rise because there are shortages in their area and that they are worried about staff retention.

By all means ask for more pay, but it is up to their EMPLOYERS to worry about recruitment and retention.

Regards

Digby
    Agree to a certain extent - but the reason these employees worry about staff retention is because staff shortages directly affect them - less people to do the work, but the work still needs to get done. My experience of people in both these industry sectors is that they are generally very diligent in their jobs and enthusiastic about the positive effect their efforts have on others. Who can blame them for being concerned...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    ... it is up to their EMPLOYERS to worry about recruitment and retention.

Regards

Digby
    What if the EMPLOYERS won't do anything about it?

Well I really feel for Doctors, Nurses and Teachers, I think they are very special person, cause its all about helping people isnt it. How hard must it be nowadays being a teacher?, I couldnt do it!. Doctors and Nurses must work the most hours per week of anyone and they need to be alert!. Lets face it, we pay for their training in a round about way, if we dont continue to pay them well as they deserve and help with the huge student debts, they will move off shore, and we lose out!.

Just my 2c
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Quote Originally Posted by SolMiester View Post
    Well I really feel for Doctors, Nurses and Teachers, I think they are very special person, cause its all about helping people isnt it. How hard must it be nowadays being a teacher?, I couldnt do it!. Doctors and Nurses must work the most hours per week of anyone and they need to be alert!. Lets face it, we pay for their training in a round about way, if we dont continue to pay them well as they deserve and help with the huge student debts, they will move off shore, and we lose out!.

Just my 2c
    How do we pay for there training?

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

To get a higher pay they must perform a higher duty just like any other job I rekon. Teachers I dont know about, i know they try but looks like they are facing an uphill battle. Doctors etc, why stay in this country when overseas will pay up to 4 times as much? We have no monetary incentive, and thats the only thing that will keep people here, sounds shallow but it is the truth.
    Current band: Leave The Dead

Banned

When I was in the Airforce they said if you went on strike you will be shot.
    I wonder if the mil rules could apply right across the public service.

tedheath

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    How do we pay for their training?
    Well I'm studying to be a teacher at present and am getting all my uni fees paid by TeachNZ.

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

Is it true there are after male teachers? Just curious as I heard they giving out some pretty hefty grants.
    Current band: Leave The Dead

Quote Originally Posted by roddy_boy View Post
    Well I'm studying to be a teacher at present and am getting all my uni fees paid by TeachNZ.
    Would that be the norm, or have you received a grant. My brother put himself through a nursing degree by working at macdonalds. definitely not paid for by the state.