Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy limited or no connectivity

Hi guys me again got another problem for ya.My computer has been giving me errors like limited or no connectivity for the past 2 weeks i have tried
    1.resetting router
    2.wiping the router
    3.downloading the patch from Microsoft
    4.hitting the router
    But nothing seems to have fixed it i am not that smart when it come to computers so have given you some pics to help
    Please help me this is driving me insane
    router is a dlink 502-t

[img=http://img167.imagevenue.com/loc228/th_79448_1_122_228lo.JPG]

[img=http://img167.imagevenue.com/loc363/th_79633_ol_122_363lo.JPG]

[img=http://img178.imagevenue.com/loc346/th_79585_before_122_346lo.JPG]

Default Re: limited or no connectivity

Not all that much to worry about.Those sites put nasties on yr box that will blow it up or maybe even worse if you have not got really good anti just about everything.Someone
    else may have put something there also to prevent you "looking"Limited means what it says.
    PUPPY LINUX 5.2

Are you connected to the ADSL modem via ethernet or USB cable? What status are the link lights showing on the modem when you get this limited connectivity error (eg blinking, steady)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Are you connected to the ADSL modem via ethernet or USB cable? What status are the link lights showing on the modem when you get this limited connectivity error (eg blinking, steady)?
    I am connected by ethernet an when i get that error the lights start blinking

Try this sometimes it works other times it doesnt. Right click My Computer, go to Properties/hardware/device manager. Look for your network card, if it has the yellow exclamation mark next to it then you may have driver problems. Right click it and select disable, then reboot, and go back to where you were, and re enable it, some times the network connections /cards get all mixed up. If there is no exclamation mark try disabling any way then try disabling windows firewall if you have it enabled. Also what firewall are you using ? You may need to reset the IP address in the setting. Also can you ping the router? to check, open the run command ( Start/run) type in ipconfig, being d-link, you should get a reply of 10.1.1.1 as the gateway.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 04-08-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Try this sometimes it works other times it doesnt. Right click My Computer, go to Properties/hardware/device manager. Look for your network card, if it has the yellow exclamation mark next to it then you may have driver problems. Right click it and select disable, then reboot, and go back to where you were, and re enable it, some times the network connections /cards get all mixed up. If there is no exclamation mark try disabling any way then try disabling windows firewall if you have it enabled. Also what firewall are you using ? You may need to reset the IP address in the setting. Also can you ping the router? to check, open the run command ( Start/run) type in ipconfig, being d-link, you should get a reply of 10.1.1.1 as the gateway.
    tried all that but am still getting that error

What firewall are you using Please?

Try another cable!, make sure it sits correctly in the ports!
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

If after trying SolMiesters advise of another cable, if its still not working try this - restart in safe mode with networking(press F8 on startup to get to screen selection)( must use that choice) then see if you get the same results.Safe mode with networking allows the internet to work, and usually stops any spyware that normally starts in normal mode. If it does work then you have infections on your PC. Disbale windows firewall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    What firewall are you using Please?
    windows firewall
    my defauft gateway is 10.1.1.1
    tried another cabel an still get this error
    Last edited by killa275; 04-08-2007 at 05:38 PM.