Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What ever become of Speedy/Mod?

question, i know i rarely post threads etc on here but i do read them frequently.
    My question is.. What ever become of the speedy mod vote?
    I still see him with a member status under his un so im presuming he didnt get the required nods.
    Or has this just been put on the backburner and forgotten about thru later threads?
    VOTE 1 Speedy

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Default Re: What ever become of Speedy/Mod?

Its not just about "nods", or "posts", or "helpfulness", or "quality", although he is amazing at providing all of the above. At one point I was averaging over 3x the number of posts that Speedy is averaging, but thats not why I was made Mod.

Basically, there's not enough need at the moment for another Mod. Sure, the current ones have lives and cant be here 24 / 7 to kill the spam threads etc, but (I'd like to hope) we do a good enough job of keeping things clean

Being a Mod is not like a promotion that you give out when people reach a certain quality / quantity of posts, that kind of recognition comes from the number of posts, and people notice that you're a knowledgable person (and he is).

However, hypothetically, if the need did arise, Im sure he would be one of the first considered...
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro