Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default You don't need firearms for mass destruction and murder

Cars are just as deadly.

A family member was at a party last night, around the back of the house fortunately, when a car deliberately drove at speed through the crowd of people out the front. Two teenage girls have died as a result and several of the young people seriously injured are borderline and will be lucky to make it.

There are dozens of extremely traumatised young people and parents trying to come to terms with this horrific event today. I hope the friends of the victims get to the bastards that did this and give them what they deserve before the cops find them because they certainly won't get punished enough by the courts.

Large unorganised gatherings are never a good idea.

Story here and here.
    Last edited by FoxyMX; 06-05-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Default Re: You don't need firearms for mass destruction and murder

All of us here have access to news sites , TV, radio and newspapers so we are hardly likely to miss a top news story.
    And obviously there are dozens of extremely traumatised young people and parents trying to come to terms with this horrific event today.
    How could it be otherwise, fairly obvious conclusion I would think.

Why don't you show some sympathy safari, FoxyMX is allowed an opinion just like you showed yours. Does the news say that one of his family members was at that party no I doubt it. This is a forum, and a forum is for topics if people didn't post because they all went to news sites and Google then where would you be now.
    On second thought if we have news sites and the such you wont even be reading this because thats how things work
    gon smewere beta dan hear

A good friend of mine will be celebrating his eighteenth in September, somewhere he is yet to decide. Being an alcoholic, dumbo will make sure plenty of booze is around, and many people would attend.....

Some youngsters are really just idiots.....some simply cannot predict the consequences to their actions, when it should be fairly obvious.

Don't look at me - I know if I ploughed through people with a car, I'd know I'd be in really, really deep poo.
    Meh....

I don't have much sympathy for the victims... only their parents. Although I do wish for the purpetrator/s to get jailed forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    All of us here have access to news sites , TV, radio and newspapers so we are hardly likely to miss a top news story.
    But get a grip Saf... Foxy mentioned the news because she was indirectly involved. So why shouldn't she.
    Last edited by Greg; 06-05-2007 at 01:37 PM.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Although I do wish for the purpetrator/s to get jailed forever.
    Pffft....NZ's system is far too lenient.
    Meh....

Im not a fan of drugs and alcohol, I don't see the point in it.theres much better things to do than go out and get pissed and stoned and having the police control you like a 5 year old at a toy store. that party was preventable in every way. i bet the majority of people there were youths that werent invited like the article said. And without a doubt the car driver was probably a 16 year old partyer who was drunk with 2 other pasengers with alcohol supplied to them by an adult. probably the same people who dye there hair black and where eyemakeup
    gon smewere beta dan hear

Pedant and proud of it

I heard the police accumulating the manpower needed to shut down that party, so wandered around to have a look. That party was noisy and out of control. They needed about 20 in full riot gear and two dogs before going into the area. Then they could get ambulances in.

13-16 year olds boozed out of their tiny minds are not nice kids. They are just like chronologically greater ones (I won't say "adults").
    Last edited by Graham L; 06-05-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't have much sympathy for the victims... only their parents. Although I do wish for the purpetrator/s to get jailed forever.
    Greg, the victims were just innocent kids standing around minding their own business enjoying an "awesome" party. One of them could easily have been my family member.

The group in the car had earlier been involved in a fight and ran into the crowd later as retribution. Sure there were way too many people there and plenty of drinking going on so there was bound to have been trouble eventually but there was no need to do what they did. The cops were just a little too late.

Kids + alcohol + crowds + cars just don't mix. They should never have lowered the drinking age.

Correct my English!

Sigh... yet another typical New Zealand teenagers-screwing-themselves-up incident.

Free, 24/7 telephone health advice service | Healthline - 0800 611 116

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

Join the unofficial PressF1 WCG team!