Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Recording to a CD

The main thing to remember, when burning MP3's to a cd, whether its an Audio or MP3 is NOT TO FORMAT IT.

If you're using Nero. (and most probably any other program).

Nero will do whatever is needed, once u go to burn whatever.

Formatting a cd or dvd, before you write to it (even if u do a DVD), will definitely make a coaster.

It depends on how big the MP3's are, and whether you're doing an Audio or MP3.

If you're doing an Audio CD, you'll most probably get 18-19 (0r 20 if you're lucky) songs on the CD.

If you're doing an MP3 CD on the other hand, you'll get 180-190 (maybe near 200 MP3's on the CD). Since all its doing is copying the MP3's as is (its not converting to cda format, like it does with an Audio CD).

What exactly is the boombox? A stereo??

If its a normal stereo, it'll have to be an Audio CD, (If it cant play an MP3 CD), and it (the CD) may have to be finalised (dont use multisession), so something else (besides the PC) can play it.

Speedy..Yes the boombox is a stereo.Teac Digital 1 Bit DAC. Just your ordinary Tape-Radio-Cd M/c.
    I take it then that whatever I download as MP3 has to be converted ? So. How to do it? PJ
    Deafness.
    When I was younger I heard but didn't listen.
    Now I am older, I listen but cannot hear.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Nero 6 will do this for you - make sure CD is selected at the top

Select " make audio cd" then add the mp3 tracks to the compilation and they will be converted to the format required to play in any CD player

Yup what KM said.

Actually using Nero Express and selecting the Music / Audio CD option maybe easier.

Just add the MP3's theres a bar on the bottom, add MP3's until u get near the |

Dont go over it, or all of the MP3's you've added wont fit. (If its an Audio CD).

Then u can type in something for CD Text. What u put in here, will appear on the stereo, if the stereo supports CD Text.

Then u click on burn. Thats it. Wait for it to finish, then play it.

And remember the more coasters the more experience.

Progress Report.

Using Nero which then brought up WMP, I recorded an mp3 CD of the original MP3s I downloaded, onto another CD using Audio CD. Good & Bad. Yes it started to re-record, then at track 5 I got an error message. Which led to "
    Recording at too high a speed" That CD then closed off. I looked for "Speed" & knocked it back from "Fastest" to "Medium & tried again. Success. But. Somewhere I lost some of the tracks.

Never mind, I am getting there. I am on track (forgive the pun). Later, I will try again to fill A CD. Will keep you posted. PJ
    Deafness.

If it is not broke, don't make it broker by trying to make it better. (This applies specifically to PJ)

Banned

You could try using iTunes for Windows which will automatically burn your mp3 tracks onto CD without converting them to wma in the process. If you don't like the idea of using iTunes you could try winamp although not having used it, I am not sure if it has a CD burning capability.

With iTunes you just make a play list of the amount of tracks you want to put on the CD and click "burn disk" at the bottom of the window and let it do the rest, making sure that a CD is in the CD drive.

Smiling Down On Youse SurferJoe46's Avatar

OH..the humanity of it all!

Warum werden wir so früh alt und klug so spät?

Quote Originally Posted by winmacguy View Post
    You could try using iTunes for Windows which will automatically burn your mp3 tracks onto CD without converting them to wma in the process. If you don't like the idea of using iTunes you could try winamp although not having used it, I am not sure if it has a CD burning capability.

With iTunes you just make a play list of the amount of tracks you want to put on the CD and click "burn disk" at the bottom of the window and let it do the rest, making sure that a CD is in the CD drive.
    Had a look at both of these. iTunes was very complicated to me.. Winamp, I put 20 tracks on the Playlist & then could not get them to download. Frustrating. PJ
    Deafness.

Media Monkey is another alternative i use.

The free version only burns CDs super slow, but that's hardly a big deal if you only do 1-2 at a time. Handles FLAC and APE lossless files, and has a simple burn-cd interface.