Default Deleting Wscript.KakWorm.dr

I've never had a virus/worm before so I don't know what to do next. My antivirus system detected Wscript.KakWorm.dr. I have put it into quarantine, downloaded Fixkak.exe, ran it and our system was not infected. What do I do next? Can I just hit delete buttom in quarantine and problem solved? I'm not a computer buff so can someone explain to me in layman terms what to do PLEASE!
    Thanks
    Lisa

Default Re: Deleting Wscript.KakWorm.dr

Hello Lisa. It should be quite safe to delete the virus, as long as your virus checker has found it. You can also delete it manually if you wish. I have the full instructions on how to do it. I've done it with mine. Send me an email if you require these instructions, as they are too big to post.

An easier way to remove the Kak worm is to go to http://www.pchell.com/internet/kakworm.shtml and download the Kakcleaner and the Microsoft security patch.

Install the security patch and then run the Kakcleaner.
    Reboot, go into Outlook Express and click through your emails. A warning box will pop up when you select and infected email. Delete it/them and everything should
    be ok. It pays to also check your sent messages as the Kak worm uses Outlook signatures to do its dirty work. :-)

Please send me antivirus to delete 'Wscript KakWorm.dr and WScript.KakWorm A/B.

could anyone tell me how to get this virus off my computer(wscript.kakworm.dr)?