37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac OS

10 27.03%
  • Windows

27 72.97%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mac or PC

Default Re: Mac or PC

yeah same here - i use Fraps quite a lot to capture Video in my games i play to chuck on you tube - some of the files are insanely huge - 2 minutes of video is usually close to 4GB and it doesn't even miss a single frame\segment and i can still be playing the game while the hard drive is stressing out capturing all the raw data - then chuck it through autoGK to compress it down to 5MB and it doesn't choke at all - and i know that having a gig of ram certainly helps

oh BTW can you over clock parts on a mac? like CPU Ram Graphics card e.c.t? i honestly don't know and would like to find out
    "Your glass is empty O'Flaherty, will you be having another?"
    "And why would I be wanting two empty glasses?" replied O'Flaherty.

PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by MAC_H8ER View Post
    yeah same here - i use Fraps quite a lot to capture Video in my games i play to chuck on you tube - some of the files are insanely huge - 2 minutes of video is usually close to 4GB and it doesn't even miss a single frame\segment and i can still be playing the game while the hard drive is stressing out capturing all the raw data - then chuck it through autoGK to compress it down to 5MB and it doesn't choke at all - and i know that having a gig of ram certainly helps

oh BTW can you over clock parts on a mac? like CPU Ram Graphics card e.c.t? i honestly don't know and would like to find out
    Yes, the only difference in the hardware is that mac's don'r run a bios they use something different that was developed between MS and intel, but can't remember what it is called. Vista was ment to have used it but would have meant people having to buy new machines to run it on, so they kept bios so supporting older hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T View Post
    Compromise Metla, compromise!

Buy him a Mazda or Toyota, then you won't have to pay for repairs as well. You won't feel so let down then either when he subsequently trades it in for a Hyundai!

However, should he later dump the the Hyuntoyozda and buy a Ford (I'm guessing you are a Ford man, my apologies in advance if I've got it wrong).

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Im in neither the Holden or Ford camp, I have owned quite a few of each and have thoughly enjoyed all of them, Currently drive a Toyota

Would certainly look at offerings from just about any brand when the time comes...For me, Mrs Metla or Metla Jnr. The main reason I want to have a hand in getting his first car is so he doesn't end up being a hero in a rice-racer, Im thinking a worn out 2l diesel with a nice set of mags.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    Im in neither the Holden or Ford camp, I have owned quite a few of each and have thoughly enjoyed all of them, Currently drive a Toyota

Would certainly look at offerings from just about any brand when the time comes...For me, Mrs Metla or Metla Jnr. The main reason I want to have a hand in getting his first car is so he doesn't end up being a hero in a rice-racer, Im thinking a worn out 2l diesel with a nice set of mags.
    miserable bugger

If you aren't ready to make those trade-offs, stick with Windows or, at least, keep a Windows box around just in case. But if you're willing to explore a little, a Mac (or a small office full of them) can be excellent company as you journey out into the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by 007fantasy View Post
    If you aren't ready to make those trade-offs, stick with Windows or, at least, keep a Windows box around just in case. But if you're willing to explore a little, a Mac (or a small office full of them) can be excellent company as you journey out into the marketplace.
    Great, you're first post! Too bad you're a year and a half late. How the heck did you come across this thread anyway? Searching for Mac vs PC topics for the sake of argument?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    Yes, the only difference in the hardware is that mac's don'r run a bios they use something different that was developed between MS and intel, but can't remember what it is called. Vista was ment to have used it but would have meant people having to buy new machines to run it on, so they kept bios so supporting older hardware
    Its called EFI which MS was going to put into Vista but didn't
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensi...ware_Interface

Snow Leopard will be getting the ZFS file system which Apple is licensing from Sun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS and Snow Leopard will be droping PPC support to go Intel only.

Oh Sweet Jesus, here we go again.
    All the technology and software in the universe is useless when the end user has the IQ of a sack of hammers.

Beezlebub I think. Eternal.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

An armchair, from where I instantly become an expert on all things

Quote Originally Posted by 007fantasy View Post
    that sounds exactly like something the infamous WMG would say

cut & paste straight from the apple website!
    When it comes to computers there is a difference to what you need and what you want, the former being less than half the price of the latter.