Banned

Default anyone used the wireless g range expander for wi-fi that increases wi-fi signal?

anyone used this:

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.sto...ct/View/XH6342

it says it boosts wi-fi signal in house and all you have to do is plug it into the wall. does this work with anyone 802.11g wireless router or does it have to be a linksys router? I checked the linksys site but couldn't find anything.

hey and getting a stronger antenna for your wireless router DOES increase the wireless signal.Read here:

read FAQ number1.

dick smith's sell both of these so i'm just wondering which one i should get. the stronger antenna or the range expander.

Computer Tech

Default Re: anyone used the wireless g range expander for wi-fi that increases wi-fi signal?

I've used these before.
    Worked with other brands of wireless access points as well as another of the same make / model.
    Only costs $123.75.
    They work as a normal access point or repeater or as a wireless network card for an xbox or PS/2.
    Pretty easy to setup as it can detect the existing wireless network and you just select it to connect. And then setup and WEP or WPA that you may have on your wireless network.

Default Re: anyone used the wireless g range expander for wi-fi that increases wi-fi signal?

Why not rig up a 'tin can' antennae?
    My shutdown application

Call me Angel Nob Bobstickles. The baking vending builder who can't fix it.

Have a read up on WDS, wireless distribution system, which is how the unit works it will also answer your question on the compatibility with other vendors.

Only problems I have seen is getting the client to 'switch' between the range expander and the AP.

in theory they work. but there is never any guarantee. depends also on how many walls there are, and whats inside the walls.

Tin can antenna arent 100% reliable, and requrire the purchase of the wifi cable and everything. i found it wasnt worth the bother.