Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK TV?

Default UK TV?

Hi Team

Reading the paper this morning I noticed what appears to be a new addition to the "free to air" stations called simply UK TV. Programming look to be limited in hours, but content seems good.

Problem is, there is no frequency or channel information, so to save a scan through all the options, does anybody know what channels it uses? Auckland is the area of interest. No doubt somebody will tell me it has been there for years!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Default Re: UK TV?

UKTV is a Sky TV channel. Was there any other sky channels listed ?
    Eg Sky 1, Living etc.

UK TV = channel 6 on SkyTV Digital. It runs 24/7 and yeah it sometimes has some great content.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

I know all about the Sky digital channel, but I am talking about a new listing today under the "free to air" channels in the NZ Herald. Programming appears to be limited but at this stage everything points to a new service.

I'm neither old enough nor silly enough to confuse what I am reading with Sky digital, and there was nothing there in previous editions of the paper. Also, the Herald doesn't provide full listings for Pay TV, just the Sky-1, Sky Movies-1, Sport-1, Discovery and Living channels so this is an aberration.

I'll scan through the channels and see if I can find it.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T View Post
    I know all about the Sky digital channel, but I am talking about a new listing today under the "free to air" channels in the NZ Herald. Programming appears to be limited but at this stage everything points to a new service.
    Possibly an early April Fool's joke? But hey, Billy T, if it's true and you find out what frequency, publish it here - I would love to watch some quality TV for a change.
    Last edited by johcar; 30-12-2006 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Spelling!

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

in for the kill

If it has Only Fools and Horses on it then I want it

Only thing on TV funny anymore.

Billy, Once I wouldn't have doubted you for a second, But since you were so completely wrong in the exploding battery thread Im going to have to sit my backside in the camp that thinks you merely chanced upon some listings for Skys UKTV program.

better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by trinsic View Post
    If it has Only Fools and Horses on it then I want it

Only thing on TV funny anymore.
    Thats on the digital version 7-8pm every weekday night
    along with mr bean (yawn) my family and my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    Billy, Once I wouldn't have doubted you for a second, But since you were so completely wrong in the exploding battery thread Im going to have to sit my backside in the camp that thinks you merely chanced upon some listings for Skys UKTV program.
    I wasn't wrong Metla, my opinion differed from others perhaps, but I don't pay much attention to urban folklore. Batteries can explode for sure, but they don't launch themselves up through the bonnet. The physics are all wrong for that. The bottom would have to blow out, but the path of least resistance is out the top. It's a bit like saying if a rocket explodes, it drives itself into the ground.

Mind you, I haven't checked that thread for a while, so I could be arguing the wrong disagreement, maybe it was about something else I said.

Maybe I should go back and check what nonsense is being spouted.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

The Herald does get things wrong a lot. It could just be that some editor somewhere simply added the wrong channels programme to the newspaper.