Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Default Cell phone

Ok finally my Hyundie is doing the sick thing, so i am looking at replacing it........ its telecom, and id prefer a Nokia, flip or not doesnt worry me, even tho, flips appeal at the moment. budget up to $300 id say...... unless i spose the temptation is just too much.......

but i have to make sure its loud, and when i use it for phone calls it has have good ear sound.being with aids and deaf, makes life hard for me on the hyundie cos i cant hear my voicemail......

and the sound i downloaded for messages is it possible to transfer to a new phone like contacts? as it is a beetle sound........... and id like to keep it...

i want to pick better this time, cos the hyundie was a sod of a phone........

beetle
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Near Harvey Normans; no deposit, nothing to pay for 50 years, and then they take your house.

Default Re: Cell phone

I got a Nokia 6155 a few months ago and I'm very pleased with it. My understanding was that it was a runout batch so you may not be able to get them anymore. Very clear sound... sorry, Beets, do have a hearing problem?
    No cloud is perfect...

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Yeah hearing impaired............ makes life interesting i tell ya......... makes life difficult for using phonnes of any type........ and the hyundie made life miserable for listening to.

would prefer a nokia but am open to suggestions.last time when i got hyundie...had probs from day one, but they wouldnt or couldnt exchange it, and couldnt make it any louder for me.

beetle
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Near Harvey Normans; no deposit, nothing to pay for 50 years, and then they take your house.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle View Post
    Yeah hearing impaired............ makes life interesting i tell ya......... makes life difficult for using phonnes of any type........ and the hyundie made life miserable for listening to.

would prefer a nokia but am open to suggestions.last time when i got hyundie...had probs from day one, but they wouldnt or couldnt exchange it, and couldnt make it any louder for me.

beetle
    Its now a 6165 https://www.telecom.co.nz/mobile/sho...handsetGallery
    Nice phone. You would think that if you have a special requirement i.e. you need it to go louder, they would show you a phone which meets your requirement. If you go to a Telecom shop they should have one you can try out. The 6155 was subject to a special deal for existing Telecom customers so as a Telecom customer, you may be able to push them for a special deal.
    No cloud is perfect...

Speaking of clarity of calls, I'm amazed at how hard it is to get info on that. It's like an afterthought in reviews and is never mentioned in advertising.

Everything else is more important that how good it is as a phone. Amazing!

I've got an old Nokia 5110 and it's been great. A guy at vodafone called it a "Dinosaur", but I replied that sound quality is top notch (people are often surprised to learn I'm calling on a cellphone), reception is great, battery life is excellent, and it has survived many droppings and even a couple of (unintentional) drop-kicks. I'll be loath to have to replace it, but everything has its lifespan.

I am hyper hyper satisfied with my new Telecom Nokia 2118. Alright, it doesn't have a cam, and it's still black and white.. but I can tell you that the rings, etc. are bloody loud... voice quality is one of the best I've had (I had a Vodafone 3G before this which I sold off )..... battery is great... looks good, portable.... but wait theres more!!!

I paid $79 for it from The Warehouse. Came with the Christmas Giveaway deal thingy.. so I got $20 free credit + $10 credit for registering my details online + 3 months Freedom calling from homephone and vice-versa (worth $10 per month) + $10 Warehouse Gift Voucher..... so all up, I kinda only paid $9 for the phone. Best bang for the buck I say!!!

All Star

telecom are ugly bastards. Vodafone FTW!!. ive got the Razr V3X for $399. awesome phone. but then again i love all the gadgets.

2000 texts for vodafone to vodafone for $10 is wicked. can't stand handing over money to telecom.

Hi Beetle,

I remember the problems you had with the hyundai. I upgraded mine to a Nokia a few months ago and am much happier with the ring tones. Can hear it ring from the other end of the house instead of missing calls when it is right beside me.

My suggestion would be to go onto the Telecom website, look at the Nokia phones, work out what features you want, shortlist 2 or 3 then go into a Telecom shop. Then ask them if you can trial them in the shop.

As a separate issue I just bought my mum a new landline phone. It was from a website as she doesn't leave home these days. A cordless with 32Db amplification and improved clarity. Nothing will be perfect with her severe hearing loss but she seems to be picking a bit more of what we say.

Not being deaf myself it was really hard to choose a phone for her and I had to rely on email advice from the store. The ideal option would have been to take her to a shop to test drive a few.

It arrived last Friday after my visit so I haven't seen it yet. But even when I do all I will be able to do is read the manual to make sure she knows how to adjust it herself.

Also, I tried to get a ring tone off the hyundai and failed. Ask telecom if they can transfer it.

Any service that does not have "com" in it's name is good.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Talking Re: Cell phone

Didn't know ya was hearing impaird Beets. DOES THIS HELP?
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.