Unhappy Windows Vista Advisor and x64

The Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor works with 32-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista. It will not work with Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    Is there a version of the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor program that works with Windows XP Professional 64bit Edition? If not, why?

I ran the Nvidia NZone "Can I run it?" Tool...
    http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/s...sp?gameid=3596
    I passed the minimum requirements and all the recommended requirements except for the CPU.
    Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon FX or better
    You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
    Seeing I bought the system only around May/June should I be worried about having to upgrade my system to run Windows Vista? I bought the 64bit Edition thinking it would help future proof the system - which seeing my printer and dial-up modem stopped working and my broadband router can't use USB all due to no 64bit drivers, it seems like it's been more of a hassle than a help.
    Last edited by cerberusdog; 09-11-2006 at 04:25 PM.

They call me David... The_End_Of_Reality's Avatar

Default Re: Windows Vista Advisor and x64

The CPU is powerful enough, I think that is what they reccommend to be able to run on full settings, I have an X2 4400+ OCed to 2.7 and that runs it fine .

Why did you get the 64 bit? there is very little support for drivers and such for it, I would never/have not considered any 64 bit OS.

I just ran that test and it says Min CPU speed is 1GHz, and my performance is: Performance Rated at 6.60 GHz

The 3500+ will have no problems running it I shouldn't think judging by the laptops I have seen with the little Vista Capable sticker on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's a harddrive you idiot!

Default Re: Windows Vista Advisor and x64

Out of the OEM versions they had it was that or basic Home XP. I figured Profession 64bit would be better in the long term.