Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Notebook Retailers...

I've been thinkin about gettin a laptop for a while now, but I'm not sure where i should go in search of the best prices . I would appreciate it if anyone could send me in a good direction.
    what should I put here?

muzzl3nator un1cycleize

Default Re: Notebook Retailers...

dont buy dell. please

Try Amazon - they usually have accredited dealers they sell through, and tend to list comparitive prices.
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzle View Post
    dont buy dell. please

Don't buy a laptop with a Sony battery in it.......

Since mid-August, 7.5 million laptop batteries, manufactured by Sony, have been recalled by computer makers worldwide, due to concerns that they are prone to overheating and catching on fire.

The issue has so far affected laptops manufactured by Sony, Apple, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Hitachi and Sharp.

Sony has said it expects the battery recall to incur costs of up to $US257 million.
    Last edited by snoopy; 26-10-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Don't buy a laptop with a Sony battery in it.......

Since mid-August, 7.5 million laptop batteries, manufactured by Sony, have been recalled by computer makers worldwide, due to concerns that they are prone to overheating and catching on fire.

The issue has so far affected laptops manufactured by Sony, Apple, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Hitachi and Sharp.

Sony has said it expects the battery recall to incur costs of up to $US257 million.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about this - it's only a very small percentage of laps (and laptops) that have actually caught fire!!

Just about every laptop manufacturer buys their batteries from the same very small group of battery manufacturers - almost all of whom have similar quality control issues. Which means that, if they haven't already, every laptop manufacturer is going to have a recall....

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Quote Originally Posted by CorbinH View Post
    I've been thinkin about gettin a laptop for a while now, but I'm not sure where i should go in search of the best prices . I would appreciate it if anyone could send me in a good direction.
    Acer laptops arenít bad & Dick Smith Electronics stores,

I hope this helps

Dr. Geek

How about starting with pricespy. I always go there initially just to get a feel for competitive pricing.

http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_22.html

Most of the suggestions we would give you probably won't be too useful given that you don't live in NZ. I'd suggest you possibly ask around family/friends in your area, to see what their experiences have been with various retailers.

Otherwise SurferJoe on this forum is in the US, so you might want to send him a PM and see what hey says.

I like Harvey Norman, as their backup is good. Had a fair bit of trouble with my new computer but the technicians there were almost always available and very helpful. Friend of mine had troubles with Dick Smith in that department. Seems to take for ever to repair anything.GS

Hmmm... No one I know has recently purchased a laptop, and all of my family is computer retarded anyways :P. But I'll check out the sites that were posted...