Default Port-forwarding on a network with multiple network devices

I'm trying to set up a bittorrent client for faster download speeds. My network setup is:

D-Link modem, IP address of 10.1.1.1, attaches to a Netgear wireless router, IP address of 192.168.0.1. The bittorrent PC connects to the Netgear, thus it is assigned an IP address of 192.168.0.x

For both the Netgear and the D-Link devices, do the port-forwarding rules need to be set up for the IP address of the PC alone? Say I want to use port 14000 as my bittorrent port, do I set up just one rule to forward port 14000 to IP address 192.168.0.x, or is there another rule required for the 10.1.1.1 address of the modem?

What's the general set up for using bittorrent clients on a network with multiple network devices with different IP addresses?

Default Re: Port-forwarding on a network with multiple network devices

You just need that port open for the 192.168.0.x address of the PC that's running the torrent client.

Port Forward is a good site for info on how to do this for various software & modems.

Default Re: Port-forwarding on a network with multiple network devices

OK, I've figured out how to set up the devices on the network. The trick is to get the Netgear wireless router onto the same subnet as the D-Link modem/router and also turn off DHCP on the Netgear so that the PC's IP address is assigned by the D-Link's DHCP. So, now I have both the PC and the wireless router on the same subnet as the modem and by creating a NAT rule on the modem the bittorrent port is now opened. Torrent download speed is better now but still not as fast as my 2Mbps connection should allow, so further tweaking is probably required.