Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charlier Member

Default Re: Phone Accessories RipOff

Im sure they would have a data cable on trademe id say 20 to 30 dollars, not original but they work none the less.

Near Harvey Normans; no deposit, nothing to pay for 50 years, and then they take your house.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrulz View Post
    Im sure they would have a data cable on trademe id say 20 to 30 dollars, not original but they work none the less.
    Believe it or not I didn't think of that until yesterday (I have a preference for brick and mortar transactions), so yes, someone sells them from Christchurch.
    No cloud is perfect...

My Brother Bought a Nokia "headset" for $125 so he could listen to the radio on his Nokia 3205 - after 2 uses the wires started to fray and the Buds were so large they cut into his ears and were so incredibly painfull to use - good ol telesum at it again
    "Your glass is empty O'Flaherty, will you be having another?"
    "And why would I be wanting two empty glasses?" replied O'Flaherty.

PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by MAC_H8ER View Post
    My Brother Bought a Nokia "headset" for $125 so he could listen to the radio on his Nokia 3205 - after 2 uses the wires started to fray and the Buds were so large they cut into his ears and were so incredibly painfull to use - good ol telesum at it again
    Actually telecom don't have anything to do with the accessories apart from taking their cut for selling them

mikebartnz

Quote Originally Posted by dolby digital View Post
    And you thought replacement ink cartridges were expensive...

Got a new Nokia phone (actually they are getting rid of them!!) and enquiried how much a USB adaptor cable would be (to get the photos off)... $100 sir. Excuse me. Must be very very high quality me thinks

Of course they want you to pxt the photos on their network. DSE have one but they couldn't guarantee it would work. Going to try infrared for $18.
    You will find that software comes with the package also

Near Harvey Normans; no deposit, nothing to pay for 50 years, and then they take your house.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebartnz View Post
    You will find that software comes with the package also
    Yes, I loaded it on my XP pc but had no way to talk to the cellphone

I have a workmate who got a Sony cellphone and it included to USB cable. Maybe I should get one of those.

I had to laugh, the Nokia help line referred me to some Vodafone dealers who might be able to supply the USB cable. When I phoned them "they DO NOT supply accessories for Telecom supplied cellphones". "But Nokia Malaysia referred me to you", I said. Anyway, you do supply Nokia phones for the Vodafone network, could you look up the cost on your computer. Nope sorry, no can do. Of course the USB cable fits about 30 Nokia phones so its not even a "special".

When is a Nokia accessory not a Nokia accessory?

When its a Telecom supplied Nokia or a Vodafone supplied Nokia.

Actually the after sales service at the local Telecom mobile store is a shocker. Once they have sold you a phone, thats it. No after sales service mate.
    No cloud is perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    It isn't quite as easy to get the cheap knock-offs in NZ as it is in hong kong.
    Haha, I think you haven't been to HongKong quite a few years, have you? Or the other asia places.....

They still have cheap goods.. But I think the manufacturers have started to develop their own products... So, it's more of "generic goods" rather than knock-offs now.... Memory cards of a hundred or so brands, "no name" data cables, and many many bluetooth, IR dongles, etc...

But yea, you don't really get knock-offs now, just abit of info there...