Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Near Harvey Normans; no deposit, nothing to pay for 50 years, and then they take your house.

Default Phone Accessories RipOff

And you thought replacement ink cartridges were expensive...

Got a new Nokia phone (actually they are getting rid of them!!) and enquiried how much a USB adaptor cable would be (to get the photos off)... $100 sir. Excuse me. Must be very very high quality me thinks

Of course they want you to pxt the photos on their network. DSE have one but they couldn't guarantee it would work. Going to try infrared for $18.
    No cloud is perfect...

Default Re: Phone Accessories RipOff

Heh, My brother paid near $200 for a 128mb memory card from the vodafone store, Lmfao, I flicked him a 2GB one and told him he could keep it.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    Heh, My brother paid near $200 for a 128mb memory card from the vodafone store, Lmfao, I flicked him a 2GB one and told him he could keep it.
    $200?*** Its should only cost $30
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by dolby digital View Post
    And you thought replacement ink cartridges were expensive...

Got a new Nokia phone (actually they are getting rid of them!!) and enquiried how much a USB adaptor cable would be (to get the photos off)... $100 sir. Excuse me. Must be very very high quality me thinks

Of course they want you to pxt the photos on their network. DSE have one but they couldn't guarantee it would work. Going to try infrared for $18.
    What mobile model is it?

Perhaps you should buy a USb data cable?Bluetooth dongle are no good.
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit

Near Harvey Normans; no deposit, nothing to pay for 50 years, and then they take your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabear View Post
    What mobile model is it?

Perhaps you should buy a USb data cable?Bluetooth dongle are no good.
    Its a 6155. I was going to get a USB data cable but they charge like they are gold plated.
    No cloud is perfect...

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

For my samsung a920 the extras are at joke prices, $200 for a cord?
    Get real Telecon.

Anyway they stuffed up my phone for a month, then gave all the extras for free as an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_on_guitar View Post
    For my samsung a920 the extras are at joke prices, $200 for a cord?
    Get real Telecon.

Anyway they stuffed up my phone for a month, then gave all the extras for free as an apology.
    Thats a bit excessive.It cost only around $40NZ for a cord in hong kong and probably $60 for 256mB memory stick card
    Nokia 6155 is a bit old but yeah keep looking im sure you will find a cable under $70

Minister of Guitar. rob_on_guitar's Avatar

Thats a bit excessive.It cost only around $40NZ for a cord in hong kong and probably $60 for 256mB memory stick card
    Nokia 6155 is a bit old but yeah keep looking im sure you will find a cable under $70

My mum inlaw came back from Hong Kong with alot of goodies
    Lucky we get along!

It isn't quite as easy to get the cheap knock-offs in NZ as it is in hong kong.

I knew they purposely use non-standard just about everything so that you have to pay their rip off prices if you want accessories, but I never expected them to put a huge markup on standard items like memory cards. I certainly never expected anyone to buy a memory card at that price when so many different places are constantly advertising their memory cards for a realistic price.

The saga continues...

Can't get infrared going.

According to the guy at the Telecon shop, no-one buys the usb cable (I wonder why - too expensive ).

Apparently everyone else in the world must email or send their images to other phones. I've tried it now. They never arrive. Got lost on Telecon's network. I have logged a fault with Telecom. I asked the guy in the shop why they are so expensive (the USB cables), his response was "ask Nokia". So I ring Nokia which goes through to Malaysia and they do not comment on prices as they only "distribute".

So my award winning pictures on my 1M pixel camera are still on the phone (and in Telecoms network some where).
    No cloud is perfect...