Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phone spam via VOIP

Anyone recently receive phone spam from a company calling themselves 'the hub' , trying to make me switch my telephone services to them. At least this is what I think they are trying to do, as their accent is appalling, as I think they are ringing out of India via VOIP . I asked to know what their company was called and where they were telephoning from but all they said was 'We are from the hub'. This call is made to my normal landline and it shows up as 'private' on my caller display. I have been rung up twice in the last two nights at dinner time. I asked to speak to their superviser and they then hung up. I fear this is the first of a flood of telephone spam calls, once VOIP becomes more standard, and it could infact get than email spam, where automated systems will start to phone you up. Anyone know how to stop this telephone spam, or know anymore about 'the hub'

Default Re: Phone spam via VOIP

Probably will not help for calls out of India, but if the marketing is done for a NZ company, they *should* be abiding by the code of coduct.

That means that if you fill out this form
    http://www.marketing.org.nz/cms/registration/2995

Then after about a month, the phone marketing by NZ companies should stop or be much less.

If it does not diminish, get the name and contact number for the NZ company for which the marketing is being done, and have a field day with the Marketing Association.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    Probably will not help for calls out of India, but if the marketing is done for a NZ company, they *should* be abiding by the code of coduct.

That means that if you fill out this form
    http://www.marketing.org.nz/cms/registration/2995

Then after about a month, the phone marketing by NZ companies should stop or be much less.

If it does not diminish, get the name and contact number for the NZ company for which the marketing is being done, and have a field day with the Marketing Association.
    Thanks for that. Will try it.
    If I could understand what they were saying, and knew what they were called, as I can't find any telecomunnications company called 'The Hub'. I would be interested if anyone has been called by these guys and can understand what they are saying, and know what their company is called.

http://www.hub.co.nz/default.asp#

Look at "services", they list National & International tolls.
    Hope the services are better than the website...

Mmmm. Buy internet, phone services, insurance and pens all off the same company!

Pens?

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    http://www.hub.co.nz/default.asp#

Look at "services", they list National & International tolls.
    Hope the services are better than the website...
    Thanks for that. That looks like it could be the company.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
    Anyone recently receive phone spam from a company calling themselves 'the hub' , trying to make me switch my telephone services to them. At least this is what I think they are trying to do, as their accent is appalling, as I think they are ringing out of India via VOIP . I asked to know what their company was called and where they were telephoning from but all they said was 'We are from the hub'. This call is made to my normal landline and it shows up as 'private' on my caller display. I have been rung up twice in the last two nights at dinner time. I asked to speak to their superviser and they then hung up. I fear this is the first of a flood of telephone spam calls, once VOIP becomes more standard, and it could infact get than email spam, where automated systems will start to phone you up. Anyone know how to stop this telephone spam, or know anymore about 'the hub'
    I got 1 of these calls 2 months back, I questioned him hard as it was an obvious VOIP call, needless to say I have had 10 calls since Yet I can't see an email address on the site......ummm maybe they don't like spam.

How about this one.

anske.janssen@hub.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by berryb View Post
    How about this one.

anske.janssen@hub.co.nz
    Tried that, no response. Been called twice since I came home... Been called 20 times now, no matter how abusive I am towards them they just don;t speak english

tell them your going to kill them