Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Correct my English!

Default How to create thumbnails of multiple images?

Dear folks,
    I intend to create a few thumbnails (something like this ) for my house website. My question is what is the best and fastest way to create a thumbnail that is consisted of multiple images (say, 4?)? I have Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Picasa 2, MS Office Picture Manager, Roxio Photosuite, Adobe Illustrator, PhotoImpact, PSP 7 and GIMP - but I hardly have time to learn any of these. Thanks!

Cheers

Free, 24/7 telephone health advice service | Healthline - 0800 611 116

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

Join the unofficial PressF1 WCG team!

Default Re: How to create thumbnails of multiple images?

I have PSP7 and to create an image like that I would firstly resize the photos to the required size. Then I would create a new image the width of the largest image or images side by side and the total height of the images.

Open each resized photo, copy and paste them one at a time as a new layer, arranging them as desired. Save the result as a PSP file then merge all layers and save as a new file name. Finally, convert to a JPG file.

Correct my English!

That sounds long, Foxy, but I will definitely give it a try if this is the best way. Your comment is much appreciated.

Cheers

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

VoidMaster

It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

mikebartnz

Try Irfanview

Quote Originally Posted by JamesKan
    That sounds long, Foxy, but I will definitely give it a try if this is the best way.
    I wouldn't say it was the best way but it is the only way I know of, other than using the programs the other two posters have suggested to create the thumbnails then use tables or CSS to place them on the page.

BTW, it would have taken me longer to type up the instructions than to actually do the job in PSP7.

VoidMaster

The best way is to use a dedicated program to do the job, you are just making unnecessary work for yourself.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty
    The best way is to use a dedicated program to do the job, you are just making unnecessary work for yourself.
    There are programs that will do this for you? I'd love to know of one if there are.

http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ethumbe.htm Interested in this. However, downloaded and attempted to run, tells me that it is not a valid Win32 application. Running XP Pro. Interested to see if anyone else has similar problems.

Correct my English!

On the other hand, I reckon it is much more easier to arrange the images the way I wanted them to appear on a webpage when the thumbnail is clicked, print screen the group of images, resize it, and use it as the thumbnail! Voila!

Cheers